What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

6 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I feel the same about Jeudy.  3 tds last year, 0 tds this year.  Hurt a big part of this year.  Is he fragile?  Good wheels but you can find that in the draft. 

Davante had 3 TDs as a rookie and 1 TD in his 2nd season. There were posters in this very forum who wanted him gone (which is still hilarious).  

We need players who can create separation and Jeudy can do that.  Nasty off the line and a great route runner.   Not saying he's gonna be Adams but that's his lane.  One high ankle sprain doesn't make him fragile either but he does need to get stronger.  I'd take him in a trade in a heartbeat. 

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Goff without his contract is different than Goff and taking on his contract.  Adding Goff was probably a negative in the package that needed a bit of a "sweetener"

Yeah, part of that trade between the Lions and the Rams is that the Rams wanted Goff off the books but he was too expensive to just cut.  The Lions got more from the trade by taking Goff's contract.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

what does Tampa have in terms of assets? is it viable for them trade for Rodgers in terms of the cap? they got Gabbert and Trask in the depth chart after TB

Gimme Devin White

They don't have much cap room though and their picks this year are right next to ours, so you'd want their 2023 pick (s).

Again, teams don't regularly trade players in trades for players unless they're trying to get rid of that guy, or it's a throw in when most of the value in the trade is for draft picks.

If you're trading Rodgers to a team with 2 mediocre quarterbacks, you'll probably get one of them thrown in with all the draft picks but getting starters at different positions is basically unheard of. 

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Again, teams don't regularly trade players in trades for players unless they're trying to get rid of that guy, or it's a throw in when most of the value in the trade is for draft picks.

If you're trading Rodgers to a team with 2 mediocre quarterbacks, you'll probably get one of them thrown in with all the draft picks but getting starters at different positions is basically unheard of. 

we-gon-make-history-historical.gif

hopefully

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Gimme Devin White

They don't have much cap room though and their picks this year are right next to ours, so you'd want their 2023 pick (s).

if we trade them rodgers theyre going to keep picking in the high 20´s, 30´s making it 22/23/24 would be the same pretty much, even if theyre low we could use them as ammo to move up if necessary.

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 2

In a trade, I'm thinking picks next year's draft are more crucial than this year's draft. I mean, if Love doesn't pan out in his one year tryout, then you have to have the draft collateral to move up and grab, say, one of the top two QB prospects in 2023 draft. Of course, this is based on the opinion that finding the next great QB for GB should be the #1 objective, which I realize not everyone agrees with.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

Goff without his contract is different than Goff and taking on his contract.  Adding Goff was probably a negative in the package that needed a bit of a "sweetener"

Goff isn't a negative, but he's also nowhere near the value that @Chili assigned to him.  Goff was an odd fit because it cost the Rams a TON of money if they cut him (I want to say something in the neighborhood of $50M in dead cap if they released him).  The closest comparison I could see an argument being made for is a lesser version of the Brock Osweiler trade.  I'd argue that 3rd round pick was compensation for Goff if you want to go down that route.

7 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

what does Tampa have in terms of assets? is it viable for them trade for Rodgers in terms of the cap? they got Gabbert and Trask in the depth chart after TB

Nothing really.  They'd want to keep their core together, so they'd have to offer up their next 3 FRPs just to even get a seat at the table.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Goff isn't a negative, but he's also nowhere near the value that @Chili assigned to him.  Goff was an odd fit because it cost the Rams a TON of money if they cut him (I want to say something in the neighborhood of $50M in dead cap if they released him).  The closest comparison I could see an argument being made for is a lesser version of the Brock Osweiler trade.  I'd argue that 3rd round pick was compensation for Goff if you want to go down that route.

That Brock Osweiler trade was hilarious. Cleveland was all about picks and it was more like an NBA trade than an NFL trade. Good times. Brock really got some $$$ for the career he had.

1 hour ago, gopackgo972 said:

Take all the first round and second round picks we can get in ‘22 and ‘23 draft. Trade Rodgers and Adams to make it happen. 

tank in ‘22, draft Stroud & Garrett Wilson in the first round. 

I think similarly. I really like Stroud. If Love doesn't pan out, I hope they have a shot at getting Stroud.