Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Weird, I'm sure we'd take Surtain, as Jaire, Surtain and Stokes would be absolutely filthy, but Williams? He'd be our 3rd RB, or he'd beat out Dillon and he'd be our 3rd RB. Either way, we'd one staring caliber RB getting only a handful of snaps. I don't think we'll have any interest there.

😂😂😂

He’s a far better player that AJ Dillon and will likely be better than Jones very soon. People are sleeping on Javonte because he was stuck in a timeshare last season but with Melvin Gordon out of the picture I think he’ll be a top 5-7 back in the league in 2022. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Lol. He’d beat out Dillon and instantly be the most talented RB on your roster

I had him above Najee, but Dillon is pretty freaky for his size. It'd be close. Neither are Jones yet, but someday soon maybe. 

Point being, he'd be a significant part of the deal, but wouldn't move the needle much. Don't see why we'd even ask.

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

😂😂😂

He’s a far better player that AJ Dillon and will likely be better than Jones very soon. People are sleeping on Javonte because he was stuck in a timeshare last season but with Melvin Gordon out of the picture I think he’ll be a top 5-7 back in the league in 2022. 

I get it, you like him, we like Dillon. Pretty sure Dillon led the NFL in EPA for RBs this year and was top 5 in DVOA. We don't need Williams, nor can you afford to deal him if you want to contend for it all.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I had him above Najee, but Dillon is pretty freaky for his size. It'd be close. Neither are Jones yet, but someday soon maybe. 

Point being, he'd be a significant part of the deal, but wouldn't move the needle much. Don't see why we'd even ask.

AJ is a nice player, Javonte had the highest missed tackle rate for a season of any RB in the last decade, better than any Marshawn Lynch or Nick Chubb season. He’s not at his ceiling yet but he’s special. 

Not sure i understand why they can’t implement the “draft and develop a HOF quarterback” plan after Rodgers retires though. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Rodgers will outlast the draft capital you give up for him, then you can go young with what’s left of an experienced winning team. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Russ, yes, DeShaun, I’m not convinced. I see a pervert with Star Wars numbers and zero playoff wins. It’s also bringing in controversial player and the new owner won’t want any devicevness. 

Controversy is totally fair.  Just keep in  mind BOB blew 2 heroic performances by Watson up 24-0 on KC.  And he does have 1 playoff win vs. Buffalo the week before.  

Stafford had the playoff choker narrative on awful teams.    Same applies to Watson except more the HC held him back those years (and then team became terrible).    Controversy and no ownership is more than a good enough reason to avoid Watson.  But the skill question (is he elite) / playoff concerns aren’t really accurate with Watson.  

Edited by Broncofan

32 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Not sure i understand why they can’t implement the “draft and develop a HOF quarterback” plan after Rodgers retires though. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Rodgers will outlast the draft capital you give up for him, then you can go young with what’s left of an experienced winning team. 

I mean, once A-Rod (or Wilson) are gone, there's nothing that says you can't go there.   It's not like getting A-Rod or Wilson prevents you from doing it when they are gone.    It's just that given the draft class this year AND the opportunity that's been given, it's the move that makes sense for the team that's built the roster to where it could legitimately compete with the very best teams, had it had good to great QB play.     There isn't a single L this year where great QB play wouldn't have made a huge difference. 

For all the talk we can't think of beating KC/Mahomes with A-Rod, a QB like A-Rod would have been a massive difference vs. KC this year.    And that's before we get into improving the ST play, etc.  I get that the counter will be that Fangio won't be there - but if you upgrade the QB play AND get decent ST play, and not have bottom-3 level game management, I'll take my chances each week with that.   And we're not talking about squeaking into the playoffs and getting rolled - it's a legitimate contender with that setup.  Again, final 4 teams that return are consistently teams that get top-10 QB play.   So it's not a 1-year deal (I guess if we win the SB A-Rod might reconsider, but anything short of that, he's playing - it's how he's wired).

Going A-Rod/Wilson means we get top 10 (if not top 5-6) QB play for the duration of their stay here.   By the time they're gone, barring new serious injury (which can't be predicted), it's going to be well after the picks are traded, and we can certainly go there then.   I know it costs more this time, but no one would argue we should have "drafted and developed" QB in 2012 over going with Peyton.   We certainly should have after 2016 once we knew it wasn't going to work - but that's on Elway.   Doesn't mean Paton wouldn't do it later. 

Edited by Broncofan

22 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Yup, just the way it's been done since the game started. Every single one.

Thank god we drafted Peyton manning….

You can hope to draft and develop a franchise QB and I hope someday soon we do.

Or if you can get an elite MVP caliber QB that fits in with a strong roster I don’t see how you don’t take that chance but that’s just me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Yup, just the way it's been done since the game started. Every single one.

That’s why every QB the Broncos have drafted have had so much success and won an astounding 1 playoff game. No one has said that isn’t the most optimal course to take but frankly if you don’t think there’s a QB worth taking don’t waste the time. Sorry but not a single person in the building gives a **** what happens 10 years down the road, if they don’t win enough to make the playoffs in the first few seasons none of them will have a job by year 10. 

I don’t think giving up a few first rounders is going to be anymore detrimental to the franchise than drafting bust after bust.

• Like 1

Being honest.  I get some small satisfaction watching Allbright squirm after being completely off anything going on during this coaching search.

Even before I knew he used to post on this site I called him a fraud.  He may have some small connections, but he’s not the voice of the broncos and clearly with Paton calling the shots is even less connected and likely becomes even less so with a new staff in town.  

• Like 1