2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If I'm trading for him, I'm putting him in the backfield for sure. He'll still line up in the slot and as a receiver sometimes, but he's a chess piece that you're going to need to figure out how to be effective using. Treating him as a regular receiver isn't going to cut it. 

Right. He's in the mold of Patterson and even Deebo (although Deebo is a much better WR when used in that role).

He can't go to a team that has no idea how to mix things up.

23 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

There’s a Matt Ryan extension already in queue as well that hasn’t finalized that may play a role in this whole scenario. Seems absolutely bonkers for Atlanta to deal Matt for Deshaun but the NFL is a crazy place.

No criminal charges are out there, but that still has to have a major impact on his value. What would a package even look like?

If Atlanta is putting up Matt Ryan what’s his value in the trade? Clearly they aren’t going 1:1 but they better not come off of much capital in the draft either #8 has to be off the table and honestly I wouldn’t wanna move a 2nd round pick in this draft either. So what a pick next year that could be a 1st based on playtime? 

MAYBE you could get me to come off #8 if you gave me #37 in return. 

The Ryan extension isn't in queue, it's just on the table. 

The Falcons would probably flip Matt to another team like the Colts for a 2023 1st (since the trade would have to be a post June 1st move)

For Watson they'd probably have to give up #8, #63, 2023 1st and 2024 1st. 

I don't think they're in position to make this trade with how bad the roster is but you'd be landing an elite QB and also keeping one of your division rivals from getting him. 

I'd be shocked if Watson ended up in ATL. However with a meeting happening tomorrow you'd think Houston already agreed to terms. 

Edited by JJ6

32 minutes ago, JJ6 said:

The Ryan extension isn't in queue, it's just on the table. 

The Falcons would probably flip Matt to another team like the Colts for a 2023 1st (since the trade would have to be a post June 1st move)

For Watson they'd probably have to give up #8, #63, 2023 1st and 2024 1st. 

I don't think they're in position to make this trade with how bad the roster is but you'd be landing an elite QB and also keeping one of your division rivals from getting him. 

I'd be shocked if Watson ended up in ATL. However with a meeting happening tomorrow you'd think Houston already agreed to terms. 

On the table and in queue are the same thing and no chance Watson pulls 3 first rounders nope nope nope. 

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

giphy.gif

I can't wait to see his extension, he's one of my favorites and I hope the 49ers keep him in the Bay so I can continue to follow his career. Just there is someone with the trade value to do such a move, it's not right but he exists.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I can't wait to see his extension, he's one of my favorites and I hope the 49ers keep him in the Bay so I can continue to follow his career. Just there is someone with the trade value to do such a move, it's not right but he exists.

Yeah his extension is going to be a monster. It's already been shot down, but I think it would be silly to invest that much draft capital and time in Trey Lance just to flip him the next year along with probably the best player on your team. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trojan said:

It'll be 30 million. Almost guarantee it