2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Who needs to overpay in free agency when you have top talent locked up? That’s the whole point of the game. No matter how they had to get it done they figured out a way. 

That has nothing to do with what I said. Having good players on front loaded contracts isn’t cap wizardry. 

Look at Dallas. They’re in an actual bad cap situation without the young talent. We’re not headed that direction. So it’s not like the Browns couldn’t have messed up to this point. We didn’t put Chubb on a stupid contract like they did with Zeke. We don’t have to let’s a player like Amari go for a 5th when we traded a first just for cap purposes. 

Dallas and Cleveland are in very different stages.

To act like the Browns haven’t made the right cap moves when they could’ve made the wrong ones is discrediting the FO. It could’ve definitely went south and we could look like the Giants or Cowboys who have handed out irresponsible contracts left and right. 

No one said the Browns didn’t make any good moves. What I said was front loading contracts isn’t cap wizardry, you’ve failed to explain exactly what anyone in the Browns FO has done that consists of anything progressive or game changing.

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No one said the Browns didn’t make any good moves. What I said was front loading contracts isn’t cap wizardry, you’ve failed to explain exactly what anyone in the Browns FO has done that consists of anything progressive or game changing.

Ok maybe wizardry isn’t the best word. They’ve just been smart. Coming from what the previous FOs have done it looks Ike wizardry 😂 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, Broncofan said:

All of a sudden the market for JimmyG might be opening up.   The MRI that’s almost certain for Zach Wilson is going to be pivotal, along with Watson’s suspension appeal.  

I mean, does New York actually want Jimmy G?  I'd imagine they're going to just stick with Joe Flacco.  Maybe see what the waiver wire floats out there?  Someone like PJ Walker wouldn't be a bad addition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, August4th said:

watch Jacoby lead to browns to a SB win and become a god in cle, only for them to bench him a few months later for Watson

Chants of "Big **** Jac" raining down as Watson is traded up Washington to take his rightful place side Dan Snyder

Spoiler

as co-procurer