2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Honestly, that is probably the right call. He was massively unimpressive before last year for large stretches and truthfully there were large stretches of time even last year where he was unimpressive. 

It's guys like Williams that I think the tag is perfect to use on for teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, that is probably the right call. He was massively unimpressive before last year for large stretches and truthfully there were large stretches of time even last year where he was unimpressive. 

It's guys like Williams that I think the tag is perfect to use on for teams. 

I think I get what you are saying for a team that has the cap space, but to state that a player was massively unimpressive before the 2021 season and for large stretches in 2021 was also unimpressive.....it seems really strange to say it is a right call to spend ~$20M on a WR franchise tag.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think I get what you are saying for a team that has the cap space, but to state that a player was massively unimpressive before the 2021 season and for large stretches in 2021 was also unimpressive.....it seems really strange to say it is a right call to spend ~$20M on a WR franchise tag.

He's shown enough that you are interested in continuing relationship because he's flashed, but hasn't done enough for you to want to commit bigger money and longer term to

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol

JFC man.. this dude is unbelievable. He's been holding the Packers hostage for a year (maybe more?) and just can't get enough

Edited by adamq

1 minute ago, adamq said:

JFC man.. this dude is unbelievable. He's been holding the Packers hostage for a year (maybe more?) and just can't get enough

I'm just tired of it at this point. Don't mind him contemplating if he wants to stay or go, but the amount of leaks about it and him doing cryptic instagram posts and acting like he has no idea what he's doing does get annoying. He's a top notch troll... I gotta give it to him.

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

I know it's easy to assume Rodgers leaked this, but I think it's just as likely it's media trying to create a story. Literally yesterday the Athletic was reporting it was "the worst-kept secret" of the Combine that Rodgers was going to be back with Green Bay in 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Hostage?

GB could have cut him for the last 12+ months if they wanted to. He can say anything he wants to. Though he’ll return this season