2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Watson, McCaffrey and Moore will be dangerous during the 5 games the share the field together in 2022.

Texans have a thing for overpaid RBs who are always hurt (Arian Foster, David Johnson, Mark Ingram) so McCaffrey is part of the trade.

4 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I wouldn't even trade Nelson for Jimmy G straight up if I'm the Colts. 

For Carr (and the comp for Jimmy G would go to Raiders, who then go get Jimmy G)

Edited by Trojan

3282coltsposter__84273.1390868142.1280.1

Okay so the Indianapolis Colts are now absolutely fully loaded in Available Salary Cap Space @ $69,806,446. 

• They now have $18,488,457 more Available Salary Cap Space than even the 2nd place Dolphins ($51,317,989). 

• They've now got $20,989,681 more than my Jets who've got the 4th most ($48,816,765). 

You know what's nuts?

• Indianapolis can now afford to sign all 3 of Amari Cooper (WR), J.C. Jackson (CB) and Marcus Williams (FS) but yet still have more Available Salary Cap Space than a lot of teams out. 

ebb9b4c21d84fb9de84374f7c4891530--saints

18 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

As someone who followed the Chargers ownership closely for, what I feel fairly safe in saying, longer than you have and has had contacts with legitimate sources within the organization - I can tell you this is really more a case of John Spanos and Tom Telesco sunk a Top 10 pick into a guy and he, for the most part, panned out (still not to the level you'd be hoping for from a WR taken 7th overall) and they didn't want to look like they had egg on their faces.  They're a very risk-averse front office; the three blind mice could have seen that they were more like to resign Williams than test the market by giving that money to another free agent WR out there - and they've already pegged what position they're addressing with their 1st round pick too (which wouldn't have been WR anyway).  All of that far more than this is an indication that they set out to invest heavily in Justin Herbert's future to the tune of a near-market-benchmarking deal.

And that’s not a bad thing that they resigned within versus go for someone in FA given what we know about FA in general. If anything, they’ve been signing more FA recently than their own draft picks.

I think the other issue is that you were once a reliable Charger source before you started following the Rams. As someone who follows the Chargers more than you have, you are no longer as reliable  and at least half the things you are posting about the Chargers are incorrect.

• Like 1