2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Mike Florio says the fact that Tom Brady was at a Manchester United game yesterday is some indicator that he's going to unretire and leave the Bucs for another team. He attended the game because he wants to make a personal appeal to the Glazers. I mean, what?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/13/tom-brady-attends-manchester-united-match-and-all-that-that-possibly-implies/

This is just another piece of evidence. Another bread crumb on a trail that could lead Brady back to San Francisco and the short-term gig with the 49ers, two years after he wanted to join the 49ers but the 49ers declined.

Can a retired NFL player not just choose to attend a sports event without it having to "mean" something? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Mike Florio says the fact that Tom Brady was at a Manchester United game yesterday is some indicator that he's going to unretire and leave the Bucs for another team. He attended the game because he wants to make a personal appeal to the Glazers. I mean, what?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/13/tom-brady-attends-manchester-united-match-and-all-that-that-possibly-implies/

Can a retired NFL player not just choose to attend a sports event without it having to "mean" something? 

Nope not possible

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Read that entire article. It's written by someone who actually knows what he's talking about and knows exactly how your Cowboys Offense fell off a cliff when not targeting Amari Cooper.

PS: CeeDee Lamb will become exposed as a fake #1 WR and Dak Prescott will fall off a cliff because of it (you just heard it here first). 

You have been warned about trolling and personal attack before. Your getting awfully close here. 

I suggest taking a break from Cowboys discussions if you can’t do so without the “I’m smarter than you” shtick coming out. No body wants to go through pages on end of this none sense every thread 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Has anyone checked if Brady has changed his Twitter bio yet?!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Nope. You overrate guys like CeeDee Lamb and underrate Amari Cooper (because Dallas Cowboys couldn't keep him).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2022/3/10/22968274/dallas-cowboys-breaking-down-amari-cooper-receiving-targets-show-about-passing-game-production

Read that entire article. It's written by someone who actually knows what he's talking about and knows exactly how your Cowboys Offense fell off a cliff when not targeting Amari Cooper.

PS: CeeDee Lamb will become exposed as a fake #1 WR and Dak Prescott will fall off a cliff because of it (you just heard it here first). 

Listen, it’s hard to take anything you say seriously. You literally spent the entirety of the off-season leading up to the franchise tag deadline screaming about a belief you had no knowledge of or basic ability to even comprehend. 

The rest of us have watched cap gymnastics in the NFL for the past decade. You seem to be a gold fish swimming in the shallow end trying to make it to deep waters but you get ate up by the sharks on this forum every single time. 

It’s times like these it’s not a bad idea to stick to lurking over posting. Soak in the knowledge instead of attempting to pound the table for things you don’t understand. 

Note: I’m not trying to discourage you from posting on the forums. I’m trying to discourage you from posting things that expose you to be the fraud you seem to think Dak and CeeDee are. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Florio has zero credibility when it comes to the 49ers.  He and Simms were all-in on the 49ers and Mac Jones.    It’s like a point of personal injury with SF & QB at this stage.    Someone needs to check if Lance hurt his family or something.  

He may have a source but it’s clearly not the one in charge and not connected with the final decision.    

Regardless Brady’s under contract.   The Bucs already said they aren’t going to let him play for a conference rival.    He either plays for Tampa or stays retired.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Regardless Brady’s under contract.   The Bucs already said they aren’t going to let him play for a conference rival.    He either plays for Tampa or stays retired.   

But myabe he's negotiating a way directly with the Glazer family and not the GM. 

BUt i'm already tired of Brady talks....he's another AW with Rodgers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I go to Florio when it comes to legal jargon in football. Nothing else because of stupid takes like this.

• Like 1

Lol if the Saints manage to pull this off.  

What moves would they have to make for this to even work cap-wise?  And what players would they be trading?  They pick 18th in the draft too.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Jesus dude, you are a lost cause when it comes to financials. 

Restructure with a void years and he would have cost us less than $5m this year. He got traded because he started whining on the sidelines that Lamb was getting more targets. He is gone because he wasnt worth $22m.

At the risk of wading into a *situation*, it does take two to tango when it comes to the contract. Dallas couldn't just unilaterally decide they're going to add void years and such to Cooper's contract, he has to agree to it. Can think of reasons why both sides wouldn't want to do that unrelated to locker room drama.

Speaking of, I dunno how much the locker room stuff really plays into decisions like this, teams usually find a way to make it work with talent until it becomes totally untenable (see: Brown, Antonio). Must have been real bad for Dallas to move Amari so quickly for so little.