Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

Honestly my biggest gripe with the show so far is the episode length I wish there was some consistency with it this last episode was 38 minutes wish they were all closer to an hour long iirc The book of Boba has the same problem

pretty cool seeing Obi wan getting back into the grove of things with being a Jedi again it was cool even seeing his classic lightsaber twirl he does in his hand

i don’t get how Reva couldn’t sense that Tala was lying since reva is a master or supposed master at mind probing and being able to read peoples minds but it is what it is (but maybe she did and it was her plot all along because she had a bigger plan in mind)

Also don’t get how Tala was able to knock out that officer while other empire employees are sitting in the same room doing nothing with no noise going on but again is what it is

Didnt realize that was the same place as in Jedi fallen order until y’all said something about it I may have to replay that game because I did enjoy it

I only recognized one Jedi in the tombs and that was the person who Ahsoka went on that journey with when she lost her lightsaber in the clone wars if it’s the same person may be the same species as a previous posters mentioned earlier 

sidebar but cal kestis has to get his own show at some point right?

• Like 1

I don't remember in any other Star Wars shows having to actively tell myself "It's just a show, it's fiction, just enjoy it" so many times in so many scenes.

Tala just casually talking to Obi-Wan in a completely silent room with other Imperial officers and nobody noticing.

Tala fighting and knocking out another officer and nobody noticing, then she walks back and tells Obi-Wan just that and still nobody notices.

The trench coat scene is just....lmao....idk man.

Also, Obi-Wan jumped into the rafters literally right in front of two storm troopers. Literally. Right in front of them.

The show's macro-level plot has been fine so far, but the way they portray the scenes on a micro level has been pretty awful.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't remember in any other Star Wars shows having to actively tell myself "It's just a show, it's fiction, just enjoy it" so many times in so many scenes.

Tala just casually talking to Obi-Wan in a completely silent room with other Imperial officers and nobody noticing.

Tala fighting and knocking out another officer and nobody noticing, then she walks back and tells Obi-Wan just that and still nobody notices.

The trench coat scene is just....lmao....idk man.

Also, Obi-Wan jumped into the rafters literally right in front of two storm troopers. Literally. Right in front of them.

The show's macro-level plot has been fine so far, but the way they portray the scenes on a micro level has been pretty awful.

A good way of putting it.

Like I know it’s tough to tell a story where the lead two people we know will be fine. But at least try. 

Everything just seems sorta dumb or doesn’t pass lower threshold logic tests. I’m glad we got one extra Vader/Kenobi confrontation. Otherwise it’d be a 5 episode cocktease to get to their fight. With only Reva’s uninteresting plot to carry us.

The one thing it’s done well is Lil Leia feels like Carrie’s character, her connection with Obi-wan and how much it evokes the relationship he had with Padme is good. Like it makes more sense why she named her son Ben, not a harry potter endingtype thing.

• Like 1

Guess I'm realizing that on some level I've always thought star wars was kinda dumb, because this was my favorite episode so far. 

To explain away Tala knocking out the guards.. maybe those other people had headphones in and were super focused on their radars? 🤣

Trench coat scene didn't bother me, Reva said she let him escape so she either instructed everyone to let them through OR all those storm troopers are just going through the motions, not really expecting sabotage, and didn't even look twice at them

Remember, same franchise where storm troopers are terrible shots because jokes and plot, and they also die at the flick of a wrist

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

A good way of putting it.

Like I know it’s tough to tell a story where the lead two people we know will be fine. But at least try. 

Everything just seems sorta dumb or doesn’t pass lower threshold logic tests. I’m glad we got one extra Vader/Kenobi confrontation. Otherwise it’d be a 5 episode cocktease to get to their fight. With only Reva’s uninteresting plot to carry us.

The one thing it’s done well is Lil Leia feels like Carrie’s character, her connection with Obi-wan and how much it evokes the relationship he had with Padme is good. Like it makes more sense why she named her son Ben, not a harry potter endingtype thing.

Agreed completely!

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Guess I'm realizing that on some level I've always thought star wars was kinda dumb, because this was my favorite episode so far. 

To explain away Tala knocking out the guards.. maybe those other people had headphones in and were super focused on their radars? 🤣

This would be plausible if it didn't already show the dude sitting next to Tala hearing her talk and being distracted by it lol like maybe they should have EXPLICITLY shown here talking at them and nobody breaking their focus? Idk, but it was so poorly done.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Trench coat scene didn't bother me, Reva said she let him escape so she either instructed everyone to let them through OR all those storm troopers are just going through the motions, not really expecting sabotage, and didn't even look twice at them

Remember, same franchise where storm troopers are terrible shots because jokes and plot, and they also die at the flick of a wrist

Idk it just seemed more believable in all of the other movies. Like you suspend belief to a certain extent but it seems egregious with this particular show and that's where I draw issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm actually enjoying this show 🤷‍♀️

Its Star Wars, nothing is good enough, people will never agree,  and everything will be hyper analyzed. 

Except Empire... everyone knows Empire is the best one. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Its Star Wars, nothing is good enough, people will never agree,  and everything will be hyper analyzed. 

Except Empire... everyone knows Empire is the best one. 

Even if we enjoy the show, there are still plenty of faults. If one doesn’t speak up, then the same mistakes will always be made. Of course being respectful about it and not an idiot troll.

• Like 3

Just now, Acgott said:

Even if we enjoy the show, there are still plenty of faults. If one doesn’t speak up, then the same mistakes will always be made. Of course being respectful about it and not an idiot troll.

Right. And disliking the show because they feature POC/women in lead roles...that's just dumb. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Only 2 eps in but my god the inquisitors/third sister or whatever are the worst combo of laughably bad dialogue and terrible acting

Very rarely does acting take me out of a scene but the third sister manages to do it every time

I didn’t like her at first either but it was the wooden dialogue.  She keeps getting better and better with each episode to the point that I really like her now. 

• Like 3