Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I actually thought it was a fake out for a second and her kidnappers were good. Just the way it was shot was weird at first since I didn’t feel the danger immediately like I did on Tatootine.

It just felt cheesy…like a lame kid show. 

There were some good moments but…I’m hoping we move away from Leia. 

Episode 2 was better. I think the kid playing Leia is terrible. I get that finding quality child actors is hard. But I really hope they drop that arc sooner rather than later.

I don't know anything about the Inquisitors outside of this. Reva was way too much Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on the rooftops for my liking. It just stood out in a bad way much like Leia's "running".

I felt like the Anakin is alive reveal to Obi Wan could've been done better. I haven't seen the prequels in a long time, but how does Obi Wan know that Vader is Anakin? Did Anakin reveal that on the lava planet and I just forgot?

Kid Leia out-running healthy adults is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in Star Wars. And that kid runs like a 3 year old that learned how to walk about a year and a half ago. Reva is pretty cringe. Other than that, I liked it. Stop making that kid do anything besides walk and talk (or just don't make her run anymore), and the show should be fine.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Episode 2 was better. I think the kid playing Leia is terrible. I get that finding quality child actors is hard. But I really hope they drop that arc sooner rather than later.

I don't know anything about the Inquisitors outside of this. Reva was way too much Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on the rooftops for my liking. It just stood out in a bad way much like Leia's "running".

I felt like the Anakin is alive reveal to Obi Wan could've been done better. I haven't seen the prequels in a long time, but how does Obi Wan know that Vader is Anakin? Did Anakin reveal that on the lava planet and I just forgot?

When Yoda and Obiwan went back to the Jedi temple they watched a video showing Anakin kneeling before the emperor and him being named Darth Vader.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Kid Leia out-running healthy adults is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in Star Wars. And that kid runs like a 3 year old that learned how to walk about a year and a half ago. Reva is pretty cringe. Other than that, I liked it. Stop making that kid do anything besides walk and talk (or just don't make her run anymore), and the show should be fine.

It’s in her home woods that they established she’s in all the time, they also needed to do the job but also make sure they didn’t do that well to set the trap. It was plausible I thought. Or was there an episode 2 scene in forgetting?

Yeah Reva is very camp as are all the Inquisitors. Which I mean they were made for the animated series, but at least in Jedi Fallen Order (game) they were a threat.

• Like 1

Personally think Leia is fairly spot on considering she has to morph into Carrie’s Leia in the 7 to 9 years. Wise beyond her years, fearless and bratty was Leia in a New Hope. Like her, maybe I’m in the minority there.

I’m curious if she never knows that he’s Obi-wan? Because off the top of my head there didn’t seem like wiggle room in her famous R2 message to Obi-wan in a new hope. No level of familiarity aside from her father knowing him from the clone wars. If he’s just Ben to her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Personally think Leia is fairly spot on considering she has to morph into Carrie’s Leia in the 7 to 9 years. Wise beyond her years, fearless and bratty was Leia in a New Hope. Like her, maybe I’m in the minority there.

I’m curious if she never knows that he’s Obi-wan? Because off the top of my head there didn’t seem like wiggle room in her famous R2 message to Obi-wan in a new hope. No level of familiarity aside from her father knowing him from the clone wars. If he’s just Ben to her.

I thought the kid actress was fine as well. 

The message in ANH seemed more formal. But it doesn’t preclude her from knowing him before. Remember that Luke said he was sent by “Ben” Kenobi to rescue her, and she immediately went with him.

• Like 2

Just finished the two episodes, going to go back and read the thread after this post but WOW THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN

The cameos were shocking and made me incredibly happy, Flea is a god and Kumail is one of my favorite comedians.

Had no idea we'd be seeing Leia.. I thought the actor was really good outside of that little chase scene in the woods.. and IMO more the adult actors were what made it cringe-y

I also like the baddies, but I have no familiarity with the animated shows so they were new to me... except the Batman-esque chase near the end felt pretty dumb

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I thought the kid actress was fine as well. 

The message in ANH seemed more formal. But it doesn’t preclude her from knowing him before. Remember that Luke said he was sent by “Ben” Kenobi to rescue her, and she immediately went with him.

Yeah I guess that makes sense, I want to rewatch that beginning part.

I mean I’m done regardless, just surprised 

I think my main issue so far is that the budget for this doesn’t seem as high as it was for The Mandalorian. Unless everything went to paying McGregor and Christensen. Almost everything just feels cheap.

Edited by Xenos

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don’t know how often you chase after 10 year olds but those little buggers are fast. At least my nephews were 😆

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I think my main issue so far is that the budget for this doesn’t seem as high as it was for The Mandalorian. Unless everything went to paying McGregor and Christensen. Almost everything just feels cheap.

I think the Volume is continuing to show its limits. Just like how we could tell something was off with blue/green screen, you can tell where the sets end, keeps everything tight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

When Yoda and Obiwan went back to the Jedi temple they watched a video showing Anakin kneeling before the emperor and him being named Darth Vader.

Is Reva force sensitive or is she just surgically/cybernetically enhanced?  If she is force sensitive, there might be some kind of exchange on that level the way they sometimes can pull thoughts, images from others. I feel like it had to be that for it to hit him that hard.