Combine Performances You Can't Wait to See?

Jeezla

Which prospects are you most looking forward to seeing at the combine? 
Which players Do you need to see at the combine before you can really finalize those grades?

Some of mine:

Nakobe Dean - More so for his measurements. Are his arms 32" or longer? 
Kaiir Elam - I kind of like him more than Booth, but need to see him do the hip-flip and footwork drills.
Sean Rhyan - Is he as athletic as I think he is?
All the people with 34" or longer arms - How much ya bench?
Treylon Burks - Are you even faster than I think you are? 4.44 is my guess. Will his body look better? He sort of looks like Alshon at South Carolina. Not much definition. Doesn't really mean anything (Kyle Pitts isn't jacked), but just curious if he will try to improve it.
Wan'Dale Robinson/Jahan Dotson - Who is the better athlete?
David Bell/George Pickens - Who is the better athlete?
Jermaine Johnson/George Karlaftis - Who is the better ahtlete?
David Ojabo - Mostly just want to see his measurements, bench reps, and footwork drills. I know he'll run fast and jump well.
DeAngelo Malone - Want to see him do off-ball LB drills. Is he a smaller Parsons? Another Yannick?
Daxton Hill/Brisker - Who is the better athlete?
Jalen Pitre/Lewis Cine - I'm going to prefer Pitre no matter what, but curious who tests better.
Dohnovan West - How good of an athlete are you?
Leo Chenal - I want to see all the testing. 40/3-cone/footwork drills/coverage drills.
Troy Andersen - Can you run 4.4 like I think you can?
Brandon Smith - Want to see him do pass rush drills if he's 245+.
Carson Strong - Can he run faster than 4.9? Are the majority of team medical staffs clearing him?

• Like 1

All the QBs.  Carson Strong can improve his stock if he shows decent athleticism, Willis can give an indication of how high his upside is, Pickett can potentially make himself an early pick with a good showing, and Ridder, Howell, and Corral can all put themselves in the conversation for the next up with their running times.

For me it's guys that I can't quite get a clear feel for their athleticism from what I've watched.  ...and imo that their performances would dramatically affect their stock.

RB Bam Knight

RB Kyren Williams

WR David Bell

WR Erik Ezukanma

WR Garrett Wilson

TE Isaiah Likely

LB Mike Rose

CB Sauce Gardner

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Which prospects are you most looking forward to seeing at the combine? 
Which players Do you need to see at the combine before you can really finalize those grades?

Wan'Dale Robinson/Jahan Dotson - Who is the better athlete?
David Bell/George Pickens - Who is the better athlete?
Carson Strong - Can he run faster than 4.9? Are the majority of team medical staffs clearing him?

Just a hunch, but I'm going Pickens and Wan'Dale. Jahan could surprise me but I didn't see an elite athlete on tape. More smooth than fast. 

Will we get any info on the medical staffs and their grades on Strong? Sometimes that's the one thing we don't get access to no matter how hard we try. 

Well because of the uncertainty at the position, personally I'm just really looking forward to watching all the QB's throwing this year. I know it means nothing in shorts to some degree. But it might clear some things up for me to see who adjusts after the jitters settle and starts hitting those posts clean, or who throws the most natural out. I want to see Pickett's deep balls. Let me see some touch from all of them. 

Outside of that, as far as athletic curiosities I'm excited to see testing and/or drills from Kenneth Walker III, Alec Pierce, and Bernhard Raimann. I really liked Raimann's tape. But I'm a bit curious about the measurables and splits. Can he reassure someone considering a top 40 pick? Pierce I think is one of those guys whose numbers could really help or hurt his stock. More than most probably. 

Kind of excited to put the top 3 edge rusher's numbers up against each other for comparison also. And one just for pure enjoyment, what kind of "Wow!" numbers might we get from Jordan Davis? 

I want to see how Malik Willis tests, but I imagine he waits until his Pro Day. I would have loved to see Jameson Williams's 40, but we won't get that now. I am very interested in seeing how Marcus Jones, Quay Walker, and Alec Pierce test. I want to see Christian Watson's 40. And Travon Walker's numbers should be a lot of fun!