Steelers sign Brian Flores as LB coach/defensive assistant

Blackstar12

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611110b1e3d34a7d1f708

cool-swag.gif

MelodicWholeFrigatebird-size_restricted.

PowerlessZanyAstrangiacoral-max-1mb.gif

It is a pathetic joke that he is not a head coach in this league but pretty awesome he is back in the league.  Tons of players would love to play for the dude, and why would they not he has very high character and integrity.  I am not some huge Steelers fan but always loved Mike Tomlin as a coach, now I am going to be a fan of that team since they actually gave Flores another shot, and he should be a head coach after next year but who knows.  Dude is legit and many organizations hired the wrong guy when they decided to not hire Brian Flores but hell most did not even interview him when he was easily one of the most accomplished head coaches available.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

but hell most did not even interview him when he was easily one of the most accomplished head coaches available.  

Well if you do shady things you don't want someone to call you out on it publicly so I understand why teams wouldn't want anything to do with him. That doesn't make them right but obviously it would change interest level.

As far as coaching, his results were sky high so I don't think that aspect was even considered when deciding not to interview.

• Like 1

I don’t know much about him but I appreciate the fire @Ozzy

Seems like a great hire. Ive heard really nothing but good about him. He’s got great experience as a HC as well as a long time under BB. We just lost a long time voice for our defense in Keith Butler. Adding a younger guy like Flores could be a big get for the defense. 

Not often you see a guy given a job in the league while pursuing a lawsuit against said league. I tip my hat to the Steelers.

Best case scenario is that Flores uses this opportunity to become an even better coach, leading to other HC opportunities down the road. Worst case is that he's unable to focus on the job and it becomes an ongoing distraction. I hope for the best.

• Like 2