GB free agency 2022

squire12

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

We don't know the structure of the supposed Rodgers extension, do we?  I imagine that's important to know in terms of "where the money is".

nope.   still a huge domino that is yet to fall in terms of its change on the cap situation.  Could be a pretty big range.  As noted on over the cap, the max an extension would save is $21.09M

We don't know the contracts of ARod and DA yet, but what would you guys do with Lazard? Giving the Receiving Abilities and his Blocking Skills, I'd tender him 2nd Round at $4M. At least if it fits under the Cap. I think he's worth it. Thoughts? I think he's the only guy we can have back kind of "cheap" without messing up future cap.

Edited by Gravedigger93

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

We don't know the structure of the supposed Rodgers extension, do we?  I imagine that's important to know in terms of "where the money is".

There's probably another extension or two in the works right now.  Even if we assumed that Rodgers completely lowered his 2022 cap hit to his previous signing bonus plus a minimum salary, the Packers would still be $19.5M over the cap.  Releasing Z gets us to $4.5M over the cap, so releasing Cobb would get us all the way there.  But Rodgers isn't taking a minimum salary deal and no signing bonus.

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

We don't know the contracts of ARod and DA yet, but what would you guys do with Lazard? Giving the Receiving Abilities and his Blocking Skills, I'd tender him 2nd Round at $4M. At least if it fits under the Cap. I think he's worth it. Thoughts? I think he's the only guy we can have back kind of "cheap" without messing up future cap.

That's pretty easily a ROFR tag without much thought about him.  You slap a FRP tender on him if you're wanting to tell teams to stay away, a SRP tender if you're trying to bait a team into overpaying for that player and giving a pick to your team, and ROFR is if you're okay with losing him.  Lazard falls under that last category.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's pretty easily a ROFR tag without much thought about him.  You slap a FRP tender on him if you're wanting to tell teams to stay away, a SRP tender if you're trying to bait a team into overpaying for that player and giving a pick to your team, and ROFR is if you're okay with losing him.  Lazard falls under that last category.

Yea, the RFR tender is around $2.4m I believe. That's the sensible play for Lazard. That being said, I won't be surprised when the Packers probably put a 2nd round tender on him. Teams regularly value their own guys more than other teams do. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, the RFR tender is around $2.4m I believe. That's the sensible play for Lazard. That being said, I won't be surprised when the Packers probably put a 2nd round tender on him. Teams regularly value their own guys more than other teams do. 

If a guy you’ve developed for years and fits what you need in your system, it would make sense to value him a bit more than a new guy with a learning curve and unknown ability to fit in the system and lockeroom. 

I hope Lazard comes back, but we will be nickle and diming a lot of talented guys with the cap % going to just a few guys. 

Edited by Refugee

Pretty sure his cap hit for us would be about 5m, plus I believe his deal voids after this season? For a 2nd or maybe as low as a 3rd, this would be the kind of move that would improve an "all in" team more than WR2 IMO. Problem is the Eagles have restructured so much they are 25m in the hole on his deal. Probably going to be a June 1 trade if it happens and not a league year deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty sure his cap hit for us would be about 5m, plus I believe his deal voids after this season? For a 2nd or maybe as low as a 3rd, this would be the kind of move that would improve an "all in" team more than WR2 IMO. Problem is the Eagles have restructured so much they are 25m in the hole on his deal. Probably going to be a June 1 trade if it happens and not a league year deal.

Wouldn't hate it. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

MORE THAN A WR2? ARE YOU INSANE? The only reason the Packers haven't won the SB the last 3 seasons is because of the WR's other than Adams. All the Packers need is more WR's, draft all WR's, sign all WR's. All the Packers need is Rodgers and WR's, 52 of them in fact. Rodgers and 52 WR's equals Championships, SB wins every season, an unstoppable force. All the really smart Packer fans know this, why can't more understand it. Reminds me, it's never too early to start working on my fantasy draft. 

Edited by R T
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, R T said:

MORE THAN A WR2? ARE YOU INSANE? The only reason the Packers haven't won the SB the last 3 seasons is because of the WR's other than Adams. All the Packers need is more WR's, draft all WR's, sign all WR's. All the Packers need is Rodgers and WR's, 52 of them in fact. Rodgers and 52 WR's equals Championships, SB wins every season, an unstoppable force. All the really smart Packer fans know this, why can't more understand it. Reminds me, it's never too early to start working on my fantasy draft. 

I read the beginning and scrolled up to see who was writing this insanity then I was like wait wait I need to read all of this..... ohhhhhhh okay lol now I get it

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

I read the beginning and scrolled up to see who was writing this insanity then I was like wait wait I need to read all of this..... ohhhhhhh okay lol now I get it

Lol, the risks of typing more than one line on a forum. 

• Like 1