Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

17 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pretty insane that they signed him. Love it just never saw it coming. Jourdan hints at another deal coming soon on the Athletic.

She thinks they're working on a deal with Minny of Robert Woods for Danielle Hunter.

Oh??? 👀 I don’t see it anywhere but I’d love that 

59 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pretty insane that they signed him. Love it just never saw it coming. Jourdan hints at another deal coming soon on the Athletic.

She thinks they're working on a deal with Minny of Robert Woods for Danielle Hunter.

I would hate this move....

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don't think there's a Rams fan out there that wants to lose Bobby Trees. But in the end it's a business and I'd get it. Would still love the guy though unless we played them.

But beside it's a business thing, on the field i don't see the logic behind trading Woods. 

There's only one player that has the same skills than Kupp and it's Woods. 

I mean Kupp is not immunised against injuries and i think he was hurt in every season except last year. 

For me, it would be a very bg mistake to trade him. 

I would have prefer to keep Woods, not sign Robinson and trade a pick for Hunter. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

But beside it's a business thing, on the field i don't see the logic behind trading Woods. 

There's only one player that has the same skills than Kupp and it's Woods. 

I mean Kupp is not immunised against injuries and i think he was hurt in every season except last year. 

For me, it would be a very bg mistake to trade him. 

I would have prefer to keep Woods, not sign Robinson and trade a pick for Hunter. 

Yeah I don’t know about Hunter either, he is a big question mark when it comes to injuries 

54 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

If we trade Woods I am completely unsure what the thought process this organization has. 

I think it makes perfect sense. Woods and Goff had great chemistry. Stafford and Woods didn't seem to have the same chemistry. Stafford likes to throw balls up for grabs deep. Robinson gives him a WR who can win those battles. Woods was a gifted route runner whose style meshed perfectly with Goff. If they can trade him for an asset, why not? 

I'll be sad to see Bobby go. He's a heck of a player and contributed so much to this squad. But his fit with Stafford isn't as strong as his fit with Goff. And frankly, I have been thinking they'd be looking to trade him sooner or later since we extended Kupp.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how everyone wants to push Woods out when the Rams are interested or get a WR. When the Rams drafted Jefferson people thought Woods would be gone. Rams ended up giving Woods an extension. Then there were rumors of the Rams interested in trading for Julio last offseason Woods could get traded. And now this with Robinson.

I won’t believe Woods get traded until I see it. He is the LA Rams. What I mean by that is he is everything the Rams stand for in terms of culture, he is loved in the locker room and by the fans, and he still produces at a high level. Plus McVay loves idea of 4 wide and empty sets. Kupp, Woods, ARob, and OBJ at some point next season is exactly what McVay dreams of. Then off the bench throw in Jefferson. That’s easily the best receiving group in the one through four. 

44 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s amazing how everyone wants to push Woods out when the Rams are interested or get a WR. When the Rams drafted Jefferson people thought Woods would be gone. Rams ended up giving Woods an extension. Then there were rumors of the Rams interested in trading for Julio last offseason Woods could get traded. And now this with Robinson.

I won’t believe Woods get traded until I see it. He is the LA Rams. What I mean by that is he is everything the Rams stand for in terms of culture, he is loved in the locker room and by the fans, and he still produces at a high level. Plus McVay loves idea of 4 wide and empty sets. Kupp, Woods, ARob, and OBJ at some point next season is exactly what McVay dreams of. Then off the bench throw in Jefferson. That’s easily the best receiving group in the one through four. 

It’s all speculation. This is the Rams.. they get things done regardless of who it is and they always pull off insane things that none of us truly expect. Nothing is off limits to think about.. We never thought cooks would be traded away like he did. Goff looked impossible to trade.. gone. Gurley can’t be cut… gone. At the end of the day it’s still a business and right now the obvious position to trade is WR. All the depth would be great but the reality is that someone will want more touches and won’t be able to get it. There was already rumblings about woods wanting the ball more before he got hurt.. you think adding Robinson helps that? We all LOVE woods and will be happy if he stays in LA. However, someone will end up having to go or not be resigned (OBJ). 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

It’s all speculation. This is the Rams.. they get things done regardless of who it is and they always pull off insane things that none of us truly expect. Nothing is off limits to think about.. We never thought cooks would be traded away like he did. Goff looked impossible to trade.. gone. Gurley can’t be cut… gone. At the end of the day it’s still a business and right now the obvious position to trade is WR. All the depth would be great but the reality is that someone will want more touches and won’t be able to get it. There was already rumblings about woods wanting the ball more before he got hurt.. you think adding Robinson helps that? We all LOVE woods and will be happy if he stays in LA. However, someone will end up having to go or not be resigned (OBJ). 

I totally get what you are saying and trust me I never put anything past the Rams. I’m just saying Woods is different compared to everyone you just mentioned. McVay felt like Gurley was shot injury wise. Cooks kept getting concussions and the Rams must’ve felt like he was one more concussion away from being done. McVay felt like he couldn’t get back to the Superbowl let alone win one with Goff. So I understand at least after the fact why the Rams moved on from them.

With Woods it’s more so of a vision McVay has. An article I read suggests McVay sold OBJ on the idea last season of 4 wide sets. Kupp, Woods, OBJ, and Jefferson on the field together. Of course Woods got hurt so that never happened. The Rams must know they will get OBJ back at a very reasonable deal and with him rehabbing from injury and Woods doing the same the uncertainty to start the season the Rams want to be in a great position. Woods should be out there Week 1 so technically right off the bat the Rams could go 4 wide with Kupp, Robinson, Woods, and Jefferson. Then when OBJ comes back (assuming he re-signs) it’s going to be Kupp, Robinson, Woods, and OBJ in the 4 wide set with Akers in the backfield or you can split him out wide too which will be an unstoppable offense.

I slept on it last and I don’t think we move on from Bobby Trees. Yes I know it’s a business, But Woods is one of those locker room guys that in bodied selflessness.

We lost big Whit this offseason, if we lose Woods too, that locker room is taking a big hit. Not to mention Woods run blocking is second to none. 

It’s not impossible that we trade woods, if we get an elite puss rusher or a high end CB than maybe…. But who is gonna offer that for a WR that is pushing 30 with a huge contract, coming off an ACL tear….

Kupp, Woods, Robinson and maybe OBJ… we can plug some defensive guys in and make it work lol

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I totally get what you are saying and trust me I never put anything past the Rams. I’m just saying Woods is different compared to everyone you just mentioned. McVay felt like Gurley was shot injury wise. Cooks kept getting concussions and the Rams must’ve felt like he was one more concussion away from being done. McVay felt like he couldn’t get back to the Superbowl let alone win one with Goff. So I understand at least after the fact why the Rams moved on from them.

With Woods it’s more so of a vision McVay has. An article I read suggests McVay sold OBJ on the idea last season of 4 wide sets. Kupp, Woods, OBJ, and Jefferson on the field together. Of course Woods got hurt so that never happened. The Rams must know they will get OBJ back at a very reasonable deal and with him rehabbing from injury and Woods doing the same the uncertainty to start the season the Rams want to be in a great position. Woods should be out there Week 1 so technically right off the bat the Rams could go 4 wide with Kupp, Robinson, Woods, and Jefferson. Then when OBJ comes back (assuming he re-signs) it’s going to be Kupp, Robinson, Woods, and OBJ in the 4 wide set with Akers in the backfield or you can split him out wide too which will be an unstoppable offense.

Similar things to what I said in another post before about the 4 WR set. I agree, but it means nothing. Unless your name is Aaron Donald, there’s no guarantee you’re staying. Rumors about the Rams trading a Wr are really heating up.. and where there is smoke, there’s usually fire. IMO the only way they manage to get a consistent 4WR set is if they get another young guy to step in that won’t demand the ball if he’s getting few targets. There’s no way they’re going to pay 4 WRs 15mil + each and there’s no way to share the touches evenly between Kupp, Woods, OBJ, VJ, Higbee, and Robinson. That’s not even counting the back field. So I get it..heart and soul of the team, fan favorite, whatever the case maybe be, they showed they can win without Woods last year and I don’t think they’ll hesitate to do what needs to be done to get better. It would suck, but I trust whatever they decide to do. 

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I slept on it last and I don’t think we move on from Bobby Trees. Yes I know it’s a business, But Woods is one of those locker room guys that in bodied selflessness.

We lost big Whit this offseason, if we lose Woods too, that locker room is taking a big hit. Not to mention Woods run blocking is second to none. 

It’s not impossible that we trade woods, if we get an elite puss rusher or a high end CB than maybe…. But who is gonna offer that for a WR that is pushing 30 with a huge contract, coming off an ACL tear….

Kupp, Woods, Robinson and maybe OBJ… we can plug some defensive guys in and make it work lol

I can’t see Woods being a salary cap dump like Talib or whoever else so I agree, if they trade woods it’ll be for something that’ll really help us defensively. He’s most certainly a big locker room presence.. but his main job in LA on top of performing well was the same as Whitworths, to bring that leadership to the young team and teach them how to be leaders in the locker room. There’s a lot more of that inside the locker room now because of guys like Whit and Woods. I don’t know what’s going to happen but I don’t think I can justify keeping a player just because he’s a leader in the locker room. If it happens, it’s doing to hurt like hell for all of us but I’ll understand. Then again maybe it’s all BS and we really are keeping all the receivers 😂never know with this team. 

• Like 2

All depends on what we could get back for him. Yes, he's a great locker room guy but if trading him can improve the team (player and salary wise) more than moving Van will, he's gone. I just hope it's worth it because it's going to hurt to see him go. 

• Like 2