Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

What’s the difference between guaranteed at signing and Signing bonus??

Signing bonuses are executed onto the ledger at time of "signing" - and usually paid out within 30 days thereof.  "Guaranteed at signing" means the contract guarantees a certain sum will be paid out, at maximum, by the time the contract comes to term and to ensure that it is standard practice for ownership to put that sum into an escrow account, but for cap-math purposes because it hasn't actually changed hands and been paid (just scheduled to be paid) it isn't calculated against the ledger for salary cap purposes... yet.

5 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Signing bonuses are executed onto the ledger at time of "signing" - and usually paid out within 30 days thereof.  "Guaranteed at signing" means the contract guarantees a certain sum will be paid out, at maximum, by the time the contract comes to term and to ensure that it is standard practice for ownership to put that sum into an escrow account, but for cap-math purposes because it hasn't actually changed hands and been paid (just scheduled to be paid) it isn't calculated against the ledger for salary cap purposes... yet.

Ahh ok i really appreciate that. So with Allen Robinson, he had 30.75 signing bonus and then 30.75 guaranteed at signing AND his total guarantees are 30.75… does that mean after 30 days he gets no more guaranteed money? Because if you look at his contract by year, it shows he has 2.8mil per year until 2025 under “signing”. 

I was looking at some of the contracts and there’s definitely a few things that I don’t understand. Like the void years in Allen Robinsons contract. 2024 voids If he combines for 2,200 yards in 22/23 and then 2025 voids automatically. I’m assuming it’s how they are able to wiggle around with the cap?? 

I really hope we can sign Bobby Wagner. I would love him in Horns, giving us a veteran field general in the middle. 

Anothor player that I would love to sneak onto this roster during Free Agency is Carlos Dunlap. He absolutely wreked our offensive line last year with a 3 sack proformance. I really think that he could be a very sneaky under the radar signing, especially since no one is talking about him in Free Agency. 

• Like 1

bobby wagner vistis the ravens today.
so i guess he is not gonna sign with the rams.

at this point we should ask why the new donald contract is still not done.
looks like he asks for alot.

on the offense its a donwgrade from corbett to evans at the moment. robinson is better than both woods and odell.
noteboom is fine.
but on the defense the f**ck them picks strategy might backfire hard.
we lost a strating corner and edge. couldn't replace them.
big roatition guys on dl and edge. again, without replacing them.
and the free agents are all gone. at this point.
sure gilmore and clowney are still out. but jesus, running it back....yeah not buying it.
it looks like this offseason the mcvay charme is gone...

15 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

on the offense its a donwgrade from corbett to evans at the moment. robinson is better than both woods and odell.
noteboom is fine.
sure gilmore and clowney are still out. but jesus, running it back....yeah not buying it.

Wagner hasnt signed with anyone yet so Im not jumping to any conclusions. 

Donald contract will get done. The Rams are great at how they structure their deals so it takes some time to get things done.

Are we sure Evans is going to be the starting guard Week 1? Seems like you are assuming that he will. Even if he does it doesnt mean he will be a downgrade. How many people thought going from Sullivan to Blythe and from Blythe to Allen would be downgrades at center only for it to not be?

The strategy isnt going to back fire. Why? Its not like the Rams havent lost players before. Since McVay got here the Rams lost Johnson, Talib, Peters, NRC, and Hill at corner. Rams still do just fine. As long as they have Ramsey in the secondary we will be fine. Same can be said about pass rusher. Rams lost Fowler Jr. then got Von last season and now lost him. Had Clay for one season and lost him. Floyd is still here and really anyone you put next to or opposite of Donald is going to work. Oh and you still have something called the draft. The draft where the Rams have found guys like SDJ, Gaines, Jones, Howard, Fuller, etc... all in the middle to late rounds on defense and were just fine.

Im not trying to single you out but seems like you are once again being extremely negative. In Les and McVay we trust, right? Rams will be fine. I love what the Rams have done this offseason. Cant bring everyone back like the Bucs did. Honestly I personally didnt want them too bc you get better by upgrading and having freshness. Robinson is an upgrade and he is fresh. Noteboom starting at LT is young and fresh. The Rams did what I hope they would do in that they re-sign two of their OL guys (Noteboom and Allen), they managed to bring in Robinson, they still have OBJ on the table, possibly Wagner, and they did try hard to keep Von but the Bills offered so much money he couldnt turn it down and I dont blame him. They manage to lock up Stafford and soon to lock up Donald and kept McVay from going to Amazon to be on the TNF broadcast. And again we still have the draft. 

Oh and one last thing, there are still some really good free agents out their. Gilmore even though I think he will probably end up in Philly, Mathieu, and Dunlap just to name a few. And we know the Rams like to make trades during the season so if we cant get what we truly feel like we need we will just go into next season before the trade deadline and trade for a big time player bc we still have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for next draft not even counting comp picks.  

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

If we don't bring a big FA or make a big trade, i'm wondering why we trade away Woods....

We traded Woods for financial reasons. It doesnt mean we have to get someone right away. We could get someone during the season. I hope we arent forgetting the Rams just dont stop making deals in the offseason. They do make deals during the season. Whether its Ramsey, Fowler Jr., Corbett, Von, or OBJ. All of them came during the season. Watkins came the 3rd game of the preseason as well. So again lets not forget that. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

We traded Woods for financial reasons. It doesnt mean we have to get someone right away. We could get someone during the season. I hope we arent forgetting the Rams just dont stop making deals in the offseason. They do make deals during the season. Whether its Ramsey, Fowler Jr., Corbett, Von, or OBJ. All of them came during the season. Watkins came the 3rd game of the preseason as well. So again lets not forget that. 

Yeah even if we don't sign anyone (which I still hope happens), worst case we can always add that money to the front of AD's extension and make it easier when we have to extend Kupp down the road. The extra money always can be used.

Although we really need to lock down OBJ. 

Edited by JonStark

5 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

noteboom is fine.

Bro shut up. They just won the super bowl. 

Fans like you annoy the hell out of me 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

noteboom is fine.

We're capped on how much we can offer Wagner because we've prioritized re-signing our own (that we deigned as guys we wanted to re-sign).  It's below the number he was making in Seattle; so he's likely to shop around among other potential (playoff) contenders to see if he can pull that number, but I wouldn't say we're entirely out of the running.  Just we aren't going past a certain point... which we shouldn't, because we have Jones and there's only so much we're willing to potentially stunt his development.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 3:26 AM, RamsFan24 said:

I really hope we can sign Bobby Wagner. I would love him in Horns, giving us a veteran field general in the middle. 

Anothor player that I would love to sneak onto this roster during Free Agency is Carlos Dunlap. He absolutely wreked our offensive line last year with a 3 sack proformance. I really think that he could be a very sneaky under the radar signing, especially since no one is talking about him in Free Agency. 

Wagner is reportedly asking for 11M but LA doesn’t want to meet that. I feel like 11 isn’t bad at all for wagner. Can’t they make it 8M and add incentives similar to what OBJ had to end up at 11-12ish if they win playoff games?

We should bring back Odell. I’ve been against it but yeah we should. I would love Wagner! But I also love what Ernest Jones could develop full time in that role.. Now with Wagner he could be a even bigger beast! But man he fits MLB to a TEEEEEE!! Dude is awesome in coverage, fast af and a damm good tackler/blitzer. Basically a cheaper younger Wagner.. He flashed so much in all his games he was healthy. People must be forgetting but we got a bad mofo in the middle… Between Donald, Miller and Ernest it was tough to tell at times who was the best…  Whatever stats those 2 goats posted Ernest matched sans 1 sack.. 

• Like 1