2022 Offseason Discussion

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I do hear what your saying.....I could be wrong, but I use spotrac for Salary information, and while cutting him after june 1rst, does save us 9.5M this year....it will cost us 7.5 in dead cap next season 2023, so that's a wash of 2M bucks over 2 years. If this info is wrong then my opinion could change, but if its only 2M bucks.....lets see if he can regain form?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/

Here’s what I’m using

https://overthecap.com/player/austin-hooper/4794/

Same cap hit/savings next season too, 3ish dead/9 savings.

That dead money is spent either way.  I feel like paying that dude an extra 9 million this season is just throwing good money after bad.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

FA starts in 10 days and Browns have some decisions to make.  First our FA’s need to be evaluated and sign, restructure, or let go.  My opinion is we sign Njodku, Stewart, Walker, and maybe Harrison. Clowney looking for big contract.  Landry, Keenum, and McDowell are gone.  Tretter and Hooper might be cap causalities if we sign Ward and Clowney.  My input is we our big signing is DT like Hicks or Settle.  For WR, it is a question of value and whether we want to overpay.  Robinson is a solid candidate.  For DE, we look at Vernon and Fowler or solid veteran.  Hubbard looks to be swing tackle.  Berry has demonstrated he wants to fill the starters on the roster and then draft BPA.  Who do you think we should target in FA?

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I like Jano, but Stanton seems solid as a FB, so not a surprise we won't be keeping Janovich.

Well we never use a FB unless its on the goal line so whats the purpose in keeping Janovich I guess. He was easily one of the most underutilized players we had on offense.