2022 Offseason Discussion

If we don’t trade for Watson, I will understand.

However, the fan base needs to stop wanting to be lovable losers. You just get labeled losers after awhile.

@MWil23 said his breaking point is signing Watson. My breaking point is giving Baker a massive extension. I KNOW what kind of QB he is skill wise. He’s also overly emotional with low self esteem like our fanbase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

However, the fan base needs to stop wanting to be lovable losers. You just get labeled losers after awhile.

@MWil23 said his breaking point is signing Watson. My breaking point is giving Baker a massive extension. I KNOW what kind of QB he is skill wise. He’s also overly emotional with low self esteem like our fanbase.

Who went from 3 star recruit, 2 time Walk-on to Heisman Winning QB, #1 Pick who Broke Russel Wilson's and Peyton Manning's NFL Rookie Record (not with Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison mind you, but with Antonio Callway, Higgins, Landry and 1 game of Josh Gordon) and led a team who hasnt seen the playoff in 15-20 years to a ROAD playoff Win vs their most HATED Rivals.....

Your right....

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Who went from 3 star recruit, 2 time Walk-on to Heisman Winning QB, #1 Pick who Broke Russel Wilson's and Peyton Manning's NFL Rookie Record (not with Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison mind you, but with Antonio Callway, Higgins, Landry and 1 game of Josh Gordon) and led a team who hasnt seen the playoff in 15-20 years to a ROAD playoff Win vs their most HATED Rivals.....

Your right....

Nick Chubb and the defense led us to that win.

Also, newsflash, lots of QBs are posting accolades. Is Baker the current holder for most TD passes by a rookie? Tells you everything you need to know.

You like feel good stories.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really not sure what that's based on.

After all, we've been talking about our long-awaited Hulk Hogan-esque heel turn for a long time now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Where the hell is Tampa getting all this money from 

The NFL gave each team $208m to spend on players this season.

I don’t know what’s hard to follow. The NFL supplies the funds, then the teams can ignore that and make up whatever they want for salaries.

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There is a difference of going after a sexual predator and over paying a QB…

im in the same boat as @MWil23, if they go after and get Watson, I’m done with the team. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

My man @mtmmike has been trying to say this for a while, and nobody has had a good response to this yet. Maybe they will listen to you…

Deshaun Watson resume career 500

Win percentage.

Playoffs 1 win

Mayfield must have told them I will  not signLets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey your franchise tag furthermore I will tell all teams I will not sign a extension at any rate period. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Nick Chubb and the defense led us to that win.

Also, newsflash, lots of QBs are posting accolades. Is Baker the current holder for most TD passes by a rookie? Tells you everything you need to know.

You like feel good stories.

What if we get Watson and I boo him while he is leading us to 13-4 every year? Is that a fair compromise that way we still get the most talented QB in franchise history, but I can also condemn him for his alleged actions

Would it be considered 3-D chess if the organization is absolutely enamored with one of the QB's in this draft, but most certainly can't allude to that at all (of course).  They want to figure out how to divest themselves of Baker Mayfield, and what better way than to "court" a guy who sleeps with his moral compass on a magnet each night.  Watson decides to go elsewhere, Mayfield is pi$$ed because they "stepped out on him", and it frees them up to trade Baker, and pick up Willis, Howell, Pickett or whoever it is that they like.  

chess GIF

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What if we get Watson and I boo him while he is leading us to 13-4 every year? Is that a fair compromise that way we still get the most talented QB in franchise history, but I can also condemn him for his alleged actions

First of all be fair acknowledge 

That he is 1 win no losses 

Against Allen

1 win no losses against Tannehill

1 win no losses against Cousins

He is 3 wins no losses against Burrows the reigning AFC championship.

Then acknowledge that Mayfield

Put on the greatest scoring display

Against Pittsburgh in there playoff history. 

Then say the won 1 more game With Watson.

16 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I’m super interested to see what happens if the Watson plan falls through. I think Baker’s days are numbered with how openly we’ve coveted Watson. If I’m the Colts I trade for Garrapolo quickly before he gets another suitor. 

If we get rid of Baker just to go after Jimmy G I'll wanna puke.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, buno67 said:

There is a difference of going after a sexual predator and over paying a QB…

im in the same boat as @MWil23, if they go after and get Watson, I’m done with the team. 

I am joining you guys as well.  Watson should be barred for life in the NFL.