2022 Offseason Discussion

55 minutes ago, brownie man said:

And I don’t think Watson is gonna get suspended unless he’s convicted of his civil trials. We may not know that for months. But besides that it’s going to be hard to suspend him without evidence. 

NFLPA isn’t gonna let a player be suspended because of accusations 

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

I don't know what effect that his number is in the 20s and Ben's was 3 or 4 will make but I assume it would have to be harsher than 6 games. Mathematically I'd guess triple which would be a full season. 

49 minutes ago, FGK said:

Baker Mayfield. Both so bad that we need to move on immediately and so (perceivably by some in this forum) good that he gives us a leg up on trading for a QB. Amazing versatility.

fify

They are right, you know, if someone else shares their belief.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

I don't know what effect that his number is in the 20s and Ben's was 3 or 4 will make but I assume it would have to be harsher than 6 games. Mathematically I'd guess triple which would be a full season. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527564

and that got cut to 4 games. 

id say MAYBE Deshaun gets 8

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Breakdown of the Browns forum:

35% want an upgrade over Baker, don’t think he’s the guy. 

64% love Baker, think he’s a franchise qb. 

1% think Baker is a franchise qb and want to upgrade him. 

lol

Your numbers are way off. My guess would be:

60% want to upgrade now.

40% want to make sure last year wasn't a true representation of him.

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527564

and that got cut to 4 games. 

id say MAYBE Deshaun gets 8

Still probably a lost season with Keenum starting half the games.

Also there's a gamble that you take when you trade for a serial sexual assault guy.

Add on his 35 million dollar salary that goes up the following year. Also a loss of marketing that ownership understands that comes with the trade if there isn't quick success. Winning cures about everything but if that doesn't happen it's a loss financially. I'd expect jobs would be on the line. So do you trust the man?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Your numbers are way off. My guess would be:

60% want to upgrade now.

40% want to make sure last year wasn't a true representation of him.

He is a career 500 win percentage that would get suspended for a minimum of 8 games cost 40 million

Then we would have to draft 8 players

With no high draft picks. 

I would not due that trade for Mahomes. Ryan Reynolds Tap GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bruceb said:

fify

They are right, you know, if someone else shares their belief.

Ok Bruce we trade down get Jameson with the first pick 

Who do you want for the next 6 picks.

The pick we get in the trade is pick 52.

15 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

We have to think big picture. Deshaun is 26. Losing him for 8 games sucks, but you'd likely have him for a decade. I'd do that tradeoff for sure. 

Biggest fear with him is how does his game translate 10 years later. Can he play in the cold? And what’s he going to be like when he loses a couple steps