LA Rams Draft Thread

MDY10

Solid pick by Rams. Lost Corbett and their replacement is Bruss. He is listed as a guard but can play right tackle. He will play guard for the Rams and if there is ever a place you want to draft OL it’s from colleges like Iowa and Wisconsin. So again solid pick. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Solid pick by Rams. Lost Corbett and their replacement is Bruss. He is listed as a guard but can play right tackle. He will play guard for the Rams and if there is ever a place you want to draft OL it’s from colleges like Iowa and Wisconsin. So again solid pick. 

I'd brought Bruss up before.  He's reminded me of a less-touted David Edwards of the right side for a while now.  Granted, 2020 was an only-6-game, COVID-shortened season, but the dude went two years without surrendering a sack at RG.

@jrry32and I both agree that we would have taken Cade Otton there if it had been us, but I get the Bruss pick, especially with the rate at which IOL were coming off the board.

I'm just really hoping that Les has been paying attention that Bielema, who recruited Bruss, Edwards, and Havenstein is now at Illinois; not that I expect the quality of UW linemen to suddenly dry up, but more that Illinois may well now become something of a sleeper school to draw OL from in the coming years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

If he wins the job that would be 60% of their OL from Wisconsin, has there ever been a team that has 3 starters on the OL from the same school?

Add in a 4th guy from the Big 10 in Allen at Center. I can't think of a team though with 3 guys from the same school on an ol/dl

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I'd brought Bruss up before.  He's reminded me of a less-touted David Edwards of the right side for a while now.  Granted, 2020 was an only-6-game, COVID-shortened season, but the dude went two years without surrendering a sack at RG.

@jrry32and I both agree that we would have taken Cade Otton there if it had been us, but I get the Bruss pick, especially with the rate at which IOL were coming off the board.

I'm just really hoping that Les has been paying attention that Bielema, who recruited Bruss, Edwards, and Havenstein is now at Illinois; not that I expect the quality of UW linemen to suddenly dry up, but more that Illinois may well now become something of a sleeper school to draw OL from in the coming years.

Bielema was gone before Edwards got to Wisconsin and gone well before Bruss. He only recruited Havenstein on that list.

Edited by badgers0821

3 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Bielema was gone before Edwards got to Wisconsin and gone well before Bruss. He only recruited Havenstein on that list.

I was wrong on Bruss, and I'd need to go back and do a deep dive, but I thought Bielema was still there when Edwards' recruitment began.  He may have been gone by the time Edwards committed (or would the year he would have had initial contact with Wisconsin have been Chryst's 1st season?).  Though, Edwards is obviously a very unique case being a former high school option QB who came to you guys at like sub-220, didn't he?  So if anything, he was recruited initially as a potential successor to Hornbrook.

Don't know much about the player but very happy with this pick that meet our needs. And the plus side is that he's going to compete for a starting job this offseason. 

I still think we need another OL but at the end of the 4th round, it will be more about depht than anything. 

Don't know if they will use the 4th or 5th to pick our punter.... 

10 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I was wrong on Bruss, and I'd need to go back and do a deep dive, but I thought Bielema was still there when Edwards' recruitment began.  He may have been gone by the time Edwards committed (or would the year he would have had initial contact with Wisconsin have been Chryst's 1st season?).  Though, Edwards is obviously a very unique case being a former high school option QB who came to you guys at like sub-220, didn't he?  So if anything, he was recruited initially as a potential successor to Hornbrook.

Edwards was recruited as a TE, he didn’t switch to OL until his RS freshman year.