Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

More like Cleveland was desperate and overpaid.

Overpaid in giving him a fully guaranteed deal? Yes.

Overpaid in draft picks/compensation? Don't think so. Rumors were that any team trading for him were gonna have to give up 3 firsts, other picks, along with multiple young talented players. Cleveland not trading any players in return is huge.

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Am I the only one not buying “Cleveland has the most win-now roster”? I’d honestly much rather join New Orleans’ or Carolina’s supporting cast + infrastructure. 

What infrastructure do Carolina have?

Tepper and Rhule have collectively bungled/fumbled any oppurtunity to get a QB and at least for 2022 thrown away draft capital for very little return.

I had some fun at Baker's expense, but him helping the new Browns get to the playoffs for the first time and winning a playoff game in Pittsburgh is far more respectable than anything they do with Watson.

Trashing Baker and bending over for Watson is peak Browns.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I had some fun at Baker's expense, but him helping the new Browns get to the playoffs for the first time and winning a playoff game in Pittsburgh is far more respectable than anything they do with Watson.

Trashing Baker and bending over for Watson is peak Browns.

Doesn’t everyone HAVE to bend over for Watson?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

More like Cleveland was desperate and overpaid.

Ignoring the personal stuff is it really an overpay given the level of play he's shown at the age of 26?

Especially when compared to what the Broncos gave up for  Wilson whose 7 years older (and will be getting a new contract himself).

I thought the Texans would get more tbh.

14 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

230M GTD? Hahahahahahahaha

Im going to say what everybody says when their team overpays a QB (for the first time in my life)

Here we go:

Ahem..............

*Dont worry, thats going to be a steal next year when the salary cap goes up*