Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Dang that’s wild...now I can have a real rivalry with @MWil23 @NudeTayne instead of the awkward big brother/little brother thing that’s been going on for years where you have to, like, pretend you respect and fear them so they don’t complete check-out after losing so much.

Cant wait 😘

Nah, I’m done with the Browns til he’s gone. See you on the flip side. It’s been fun.

• Like 7

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

What a weird situation for Browns fans. 

On one hand, you have a stud QB and got out from under Baker Mayfield.. On the other hand this guy is creepy af, and the type who I cant root for in life.

Morality or Titles? 🤔 🤷‍♂️

Add in the awful contract/extension they just gave him too...

6 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

How many AFC teams are supposed to be contending for a super bowl now? All of them? Yeesh

Eyeballing the AFC there's only like 3 teams I'd have a hard time seeing in the playoffs:

Jets
Jaguars
Texans

Assuming the Colts get someone worth starting, of course.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I mean Watson is the real deal. Just look at how good he was in 2020 with a **** supporting cast. He could be a future MVP. So yeah the misery is over.

From one misery to another....

Now they have to actually root for that guy.

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That contract is something else.

Real question is, what the heck did Cleveland give up? Garrett? Chubb? Wyatt teller?

It's Houston so a RB coming back to them has to be involved, cuz that's how it works, right?  So either Chubb or Hunt plus (because I have to imagine that unless Caserio is braindead - Easterby, I'd be willing to concede that he definitely is, but not Nick - they'll be insistent that the difference-making player coming back would be on a rookie deal) something in the neighborhood of one of Ward, Newsome, I might actually be more willing to believe they could pry Wills loose than Garrett.