Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t know what do you think about our salary cap stuff coming up. With a $10 million hit this year, I’m assuming we have massive hits the following four years. So, no Denzel Ward, and other cap cuts to go around? 

Ask the Rams and Saints what to do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Congratulations Browns fans! I know some of you guys are upset with Watson’s off the field issues, but you guys just landed the arguably the biggest deal in FA history, (with the Manning to Denver deal being bigger).

With your roster + a top 5 QB, you guys can win the Super Bowl! 

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Still work to be done on the D and O lines, but this certainly puts us a big step forward in the right direction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Had to?  Or chose to?

Because the Saints have been in “cap hell” for 5 years.

More like 10 years

i can remember FFMDs from 2012 where they had to restructure every player to get under the cap

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The Packers just had to trade the best receiver in the NFL and had to let their top pass rusher go because of a comparable quarterback contract.

Packers were willing to resign Adams, but Adams wanted to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We’re going to get draft compensation when we move Baker too.

I don't think we are going to move him just yet.

Watson-suspension insurance and a chance to build his value on the market.

@Here'sJim doesn't think Mayfield would take the field for us. Would choose to sit out the season.

I have it on inside information that his wife really likes money.

Don't think she would be onboard with losing $18-19 mil in exchange for soothing some bumps and bruises to her hubby's ego.

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I don't think we are going to move him just yet.

Watson-suspension insurance and a chance to build his value on the market.

@Here'sJim doesn't think Mayfield would take the field for us. Would choose to sit out the season.

I have it on inside information that his wife really likes money.

Don't think she would be onboard with losing $18-19 mil in exchange for soothing some bumps and bruises to her hubby's ego.

Why don't you think the front office will roll with a backup like Keenum/QB equivalent instead? What's the win difference between them and Baker? We have a chance to get a draft pick and dump off his salary... why not do that?

7 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Why don't you think the front office will roll with a backup like Keenum/QB equivalent instead?

Because they want to win as many games as they can.

What's the win difference between them and Baker?

A healthy Mayfield is better.

We have a chance to get a draft pick and dump off his salary... why not do that?

Because we will get a higher draft pick and not ;have to pay Watson in the interim.

2 hours ago, FGK said:

I asked Webby to start looking for another mod. I'm not actively rooting for the team. At least for this year. Not sure if I'll cheer against (don't think I will be able to do that), pick a new team, or just take a year of appreciating the league in general. But I can't support this move. If someone ON the team does some #$%&, you deal with it the best you can. But you don't claim to be an accountability and character based organization and trade 5 picks for, and give the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history to, a guy who has been accused by 22 different women of sexual assault.

FGK out.

Im going to tell you the same thing I told @MWil23 - dont leave. Is the browns moral compass off focus? Clearly. But you cant give up a lifetime of fandom over 1 moronic choice.

That said, you guys entertain me. So join the Cowboys until Watson is gone. Were like the factory of sadness if it was located in a nice hotel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going to tell you the same thing I told @MWil23 - dont leave. Is the browns moral compass off focus? Clearly. But you cant give up a lifetime of fandom over 1 moronic choice.

That said, you guys entertain me. So join the Cowboys until Watson is gone. Were like the factory of sadness if it was located in a nice hotel.

I'd never root for another organization.

That said, I still occasionally watched football from 95-99 when there was no Browns team. I mostly just watched teams with Buckeye players like Eddie George.

I will take off a year of watching football when Watson is starting just for my own personal reason and then I'm sure I'll get back to watching them. I'm just not ready to hope for success for Watson and I don't want to watch games when I'm not sure I'd be rooting for what is best for my team. If Watson is busted for additional things and imprisoned I'll be back watching my team try to figure out how to compete with a lack of a QB and no 1st round picks for a few years but I'm more on board with that, at least this season, than watching someone who victimized people and wishing him the best.

We're all different. Nothing wrong with watching and rooting for him. Many people did that with Mike Vick (I would have issued my own protest if we signed him). This is entertainment. There are a lot of talented evil people out there. They put out a good product. People can enjoy their gift and ignore their human side. I don't fault anyone for that. Maybe it's not for me and I expect those people not to fault me for my decision.

That said, I'll still be around here (Thank goodness right?) and keep up with the box scores or highlight shows or however it is that people who don't watch games keep up with things.

• Like 4