Matt Ryan Traded to Colts for a 3rd Round Pick

bigbadbuff

I just fail to see the long term vision for the Colts, and if I'm someone like Jonathan Taylor or Darius Leonard, why would you stick around when there's no long term vision at all with this franchise? If it was me, I would've rather taken Baker for much less compensation and at least presented it as a long-term option.

You're going to get Matt Ryan for 1-2 years and then be right back to the drawing board again, and current Matt Ryan is an average QB.

I was kind of hoping the Jags would be able to sneak up on the rest of the division this year, but with the Matt Ryan acquisition by the Colts, the extra picks for the Texans, and the Titans still being a very good team, we may be looking at another year before that happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just fail to see the long term vision for the Colts, and if I'm someone like Jonathan Taylor or Darius Leonard, why would you stick around when there's no long term vision at all with this franchise? If it was me, I would've rather taken Baker for much less compensation and at least presented it as a long-term option.

You're going to get Matt Ryan for 1-2 years and then be right back to the drawing board again, and current Matt Ryan is an average QB.

Definitely has to be frustrating for the players. You know you don't suck enough to land a top draft QB but also not good enough to really compete. Wasting careers.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Colts can always trade up for a guy in next year's draft and then keep Ryan around for another year so the rookie can sit for a season.  This seems like a pretty good deal for the Colts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The Colts can always trade up for a guy in next year's draft and then keep Ryan around for another year so the rookie can sit for a season.  This seems like a pretty good deal for the Colts.

So you're going to blow even more capital to move up next year because you're trying to win now? I just don't understand it.