Matt Ryan Traded to Colts for a 3rd Round Pick

bigbadbuff

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

Falcons probably have the least talented roster in the NFL right now.

idk why that is controversial to say, its true. They are probably looking at the first overall pick next season if I had a guess.  They entered full blown rebuild mode. 

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

idk why that is controversial to say, its true. They are probably looking at the first overall pick next season if I had a guess.  They entered full blown rebuild mode. 

The Matt Ryan-led Falcons were barely squeaking by teams like the Tim Boyle-led Lions last year.

And that Lions roster was probably the worst in the NFL last year.

Hard not to see them picking top 3 in 2023 right now.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

The Matt Ryan-led Falcons were barely squeaking by teams like the Tim Boyle-led Lions last year.

When you have an untalented roster that was held together by a steady veteran like Ryan, then lose that QB. You'll definitely be on for a rough season. Especially if they are looking at Marcus Mariota being their starting QB. 

13 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jets have way more talent. 

Jets probably have more decent players across the board, but the Falcons have the better top end, I’d say. And really no one of the quality of Pitts/Jarrett/Terrell.

6 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

They won a lot of close games against bad teams while getting routinely blown out by good teams. Usually when that happens you're more likely to regress the following season

Their point differential was -146. Only the Giants,Jets, Jags & Texans were worse

Trading Ryan makes far more sense for the Falcons than restructuring him which was the original plan. Compete this season, likely get a high pick, and start the rebuild fresh in 2023. 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Came into this thread to see the details on the Matt Ryan trade. Left this thread seeing Falcons and Jets fans argue about which team is the 31st best roster in the NFL 🤣

Meanwhile Jacksonville fans…

cover5.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jets probably have more decent players across the board, but the Falcons have the better top end, I’d say. And really no one of the quality of Pitts/Jarrett/Terrell.

I disagree. I'll take Quinnen Williams over Jarrett any day. And Q is only 24 years old.   And the Jets are building up, we have ascending players all over the place who can easily break out next season. And we have 4 picks in the top 40 of the draft, could easily add more impact talent at WR and DE.