Matt Ryan Traded to Colts for a 3rd Round Pick

bigbadbuff

14 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

A dead cap hit of 40 million and a third round pick??? Bwhahahahahahahahhaha. FO over there needs to be fired tomorrow. Wow.

Fired? Let's take a deep breath and relax now. The dead cap is all this year, a year they clearly aren't going to be competitive. No big deal. The Falcons are top 5 in cap space this year. This is them resetting. 

Yes, the 3rd is a little disappointing at face value, but what other choice did they have? Indy was likely their only suitor, so you have to tip your cap to them for waiting it out. Indy probably had no interest in Baker, but the Falcons didn't know that. Indy could use Baker as further leverage. Possibly Jimmy G too. Fact of the matter is the Falcons weren't winning with or without Ryan, so a day two pick is better than nothing. Also, I'd put Ridley money on the Falcons working with Ryan to find him a team he was interested in. I doubt they would've set him to the likes of Houston for a third, not that Houston would've been even interested. 

This front office was dealt a tough hand, with an aging roster and hardly any cap room. They're just doing what any good front office would be forced to do - resetting. Now comes the challenge of hitting on these draft picks. Next month will be fun to watch, with #8 and four day-two picks. Great draft to have an abundance of picks in the top 100 or so. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Will they draft Eberflus? No?! So, I don't see how that relates to my post.

Eberflus gets overrated by the media and fans of other teams. Most Colts fans are indifferent with him leaving. If it wasn’t for Leonard being a turnover machine the Colts D would’ve been worse.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Eberflus gets overrated by the media and fans of other teams. Most Colts fans are indifferent with him leaving. If it wasn’t for Leonard being a turnover machine the Colts D would’ve been worse.

Gus Bradley isn’t very good either.