Matt Ryan Traded to Colts for a 3rd Round Pick

bigbadbuff

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

So you’re saying he was an above average QB the 2nd half of the season? I’m starting to wonder if you watched.

I don't know, that Atlanta squad was pretty bad. No Oline, no RBs, and their #1 WR went mental. 

I think it's a good pick up for the Colts. They need another WR, but if he gets some protection, maybe Ryan can give them 25-30 TDs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I don't know, that Atlanta squad was pretty bad. No Oline, no RBs, and their #1 WR went mental. 

I think it's a good pick up for the Colts. They need another WR, but if he gets some protection, maybe Ryan can give them 25-30 TDs.

Looking at what Ryan did with Cordarrelle Patterson in the passing game, Nyheim Hines is going to be relevant to the Colts offense again. Wentz rarely threw to him and after awhile passing plays became fewer and fewer. They still need to add a WR in free agency and the draft but our RBs and TEs were ignored a lot in the passing game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Looking at what Ryan did with Cordarrelle Patterson in the passing game, Nyheim Hines is going to be relevant to the Colts offense again. Wentz rarely threw to him and after awhile passing plays became fewer and fewer. They still need to add a WR in free agency and the draft but our RBs and TEs were ignored a lot in the passing game. 

I'm not even sure who the Colts' TEs are. How are Joseph's hands? Could he be used like a Kamara out of the backfield? They definitely need to add a WR though.

4 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

All of these trades this season....I just think are lose lose.....Like the Colts arent ACTUALLY going anywhere with picking up Matt Ryan .....I guess Matt Stafford is the idea? but naw

Why not?

You telling me that going from Wentz -> Ryan doesn't win them 1-2 of these close games?

And if they make the playoffs, with a heavy run first team and a strong defense with a smart veteran QB at the helm - I would argue they could easily be one of the most dangerous teams in the mix.

Week   OT   Opp Tm Opp
1 L     Seattle Seahawks 16 28
2 L     Los Angeles Rams 24 27
3 L   @ Tennessee Titans 16 25
4 W   @ Miami Dolphins 27 17
5 L OT @ Baltimore Ravens 25 31
6 W     Houston Texans 31 3
7 W   @ San Francisco 49ers 30 18
8 L OT   Tennessee Titans 31 34
9 W     New York Jets 45 30
10 W     Jacksonville Jaguars 23 17
11 W   @ Buffalo Bills 41 15
12 L     Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 38
13 W   @ Houston Texans 31 0
15 W     New England Patriots 27 17
16 W   @ Arizona Cardinals 22 16
17 L     Las Vegas Raiders 20 23
18 L   @ Jacksonville Jaguars 11 26

10 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I'm not even sure who the Colts' TEs are. How are Joseph's hands? Could he be used like a Kamara out of the backfield? They definitely need to add a WR though.

Mo Alie-Cox, Granson and probably a rookie unless they sign a vet TE but who’s left? As for WR I’ll like if the sign a Vet like Landry and get  a WR in this deep draft.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So the Colts are just in perennial "stopgap QB" mode? Like what is the play here?

I mean...based on the way their roster is built as a whole, where their window roughly sits, and the shambles that is the AFC South Division at the moment...Yeah, i think it seems like a pretty decent play.  Just keep trying those stopgaps until one works out.  It's not like it cost them much to bring Matt Ryan in.  That division is just completely up for grabs.  Might as well give it a run.

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I think Ryan 2022 is like Rivers 2020. He will be a fine QB (11 to 18 range?). He will have some good games. He won't make them a top team.

I'd argue he's worse than 2020 Rivers.

River was league average, and going downhill fast, when he joined the Colts. Ryan is already a below average QB in all senses.