DC Movie Universe

devils1854

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I just hope they take out the "dude" aspect of Aquaman that was in Justice League.   No idea why they felt the need to make him that way.   

Aquabro didn't bother me, honestly. He's a character that never really had any personality in the comics, even the good ones (at least from what I've read), so it was necessary to give him something IMO.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Aquabro didn't bother me, honestly. He's a character that never really had any personality in the comics, even the good ones (at least from what I've read), so it was necessary to give him something IMO.

Maybe I wouldve liked him more if the film as a whole was better written.

Too many cheesy lines, and this guy is supposed to be a king.     Reminded me more of Lobo.....who I maintain Mamoa wouldve been a better fit for.

I do like Mamoa and have faith he can pull of Aquaman, but I thought everything about his character felt off in Justice League.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe I wouldve liked him more if the film as a whole was better written.

Too many cheesy lines, and this guy is supposed to be a king.     Reminded me more of Lobo.....who I maintain Mamoa wouldve been a better fit for.

I do like Mamoa and have faith he can pull of Aquaman, but I thought everything about his character felt off in Justice League.

Not yet.

• Like 1

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Fair enough.

Hopefully the Aquaman film succeeds and wins me over.   

Same. I'll say, I've reached a similar point as you with the DCEU overall. I was so hyped early, stayed with it for so long, but definitely discouraged now. Just kind of hoping for good individual movies even if the universe seems boned at this point.

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Not yet.

Exactly. He has not currently taken that throne, and has shown to be a younger immature version of Aquaman. I think the Bro-ey vibe he gave off was really important to him at this point, especially when compared to the Lasso of Truth scene. Its all a front, and he has to make a journey to become King.

If he evolves from Rocker/Surfer bro that we got in JL, to some grizzeled warlord badass, I think we would all really enjoy that.

Finally watched Justice League. I went in expecting complete crap so it was surprisingly almost decent. Definitely better than BvS, even the extended cut.

I thought the stuff with Flash was decent. Him running around checking out the Bat Cave and sitting in the Batmobile was pretty good. A little too much humor overall but it worked.

I agree with StLunatic on Aquaman. He isn't king yet, so I get the vibe that was being put off. I kind of wish they would've done one solo film first but not make him king until the 2nd solo film after JL.

Wonder Woman was good. Nice development with her.

Cyborg was ok. Definitely not deserving of a solo film. The CGI wasn't great but it was WAY better than the original trailer and also Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf was bad. Just, bad.

DC is going too big, too soon. I want to see more local/Earth bound threats that aren't trying to destroy the world. Give me Deathstroke, Metallo, Riddler, Penguin or someone. They should not being starting the Legion of Doom as the post credits scene suggested. Introduce some of those villains first in one movie, have them get put in jail or ARGUS prison. Then in another movie, they get broken out/recruited and join with those who got them out. Give us some backstory that isn't rushed or forced for poops sake.

I still HATE that there's 20 years of Batman (and others) that we don't know about, yet is referenced... Wind up penguins, dead Robin, is it Jason Todd, etc. Explore that ish in these movies.

6.5/10