Dolphins sign LT Terron Armstead

EaglesPeteC

if he’s healthy this is going to be a great contract.

I will miss him, but I won’t miss seeing him on the injury report week in and week out. 

I think the Saints fans would be more than happy with a serviceable LT with an ironman mentality and physically. I think Ramczyk could be the guy, James Hurst could play RT and they could draft someone to compete with him for the staring job.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That’s a nice get for them and Tua. If he has any chance of being successful he needs better protection.

Will they move him to the right side? 

29 minutes ago, Totty said:

Does he switch to the right side because Tua is a lefty?  Or is this a LT for someone else? 🤔

Switching sides isn't necessarily just a matter of playing on the different side.   Unless Armstead is literally equally adept/strong on either side, he's probably way more comfortable on the left side.

Frankly, Eichenberg moving to RT and leaving Armstead where he is, makes more sense.   Don't weaken 2 positions, lock the LT down.  Hunt stays at RG, and while he's penalty prone (and IMO can be fixed given the footwork / strength are both areas young IOL's can improve on), Conor Williams at LG is still miles ahead of the dreck they rolled out at T/LG last year.   Wonder if Davis moves inside to C, he's pretty versatile.

Phins have already improved 3 spots, that was absolutely necessary.  Hunt is fine at RG.    The last 2 positions with Q marks are RT and C, but at least MIA actually has options now there too.  And they likely can dress 7 guys (Austin Jackson as swing T) who deserve to actually be active on Sundays.  That's a massive step up for them from last year.

GM Grier has been absolutely horrible at drafting OL, but at least he recognized the obvious, and has taken steps to really upgrade the OL.  Only way both Tua and Waddle can become more than just short-game threats (a pure result of the OL limiting them to 3-step dropback plays last year - no guarantee Tua can excel with the intermediate - deep game, but at least now he has the chance to get enough time to show what he can do - Waddle's 'Bama time has me sold he can the be the 3-level threat).

Edited by Broncofan