Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Jared Goff

Aka the 1st overall pick

Who didn't notoriously have these issues in college

And was assured another chance with a change in coaching staff

Not really care comparable.

Y'all are missing the point with a new coach Kizer experiment is likely done.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/05/nfl-draft-jared-goff-scouting-report

hmm...lots of similarities. I could care less if a guy was drafted #1 overall or in the 5th round. 

Still learning how much to take off his velocity on deep arc passes—at times, he’ll miss by several yards downfield. Will need to learn to diagnose more complex defenses, as he faced a ton of base stuff with little in the way of disguises and late-presnap twists. Played almost entirely out of Pistol and shotgun,

Processing speed under pressure needs to be developed. A “see it and throw it” player who makes too many pre-determined reads and can’t always adjust—tends to throw wildly off-rhythm when this happens. Has a target in mind from the snap and isn’t flexible enough to adjust when receivers slip, slow down or are jammed at the line of scrimmage. Throws wild and high when his mechanics get off-kilter and is prone to throw multiple interceptions when this happens

Timing and accuracy are Goff’s two main issues, and they’re fairly glaring issues at times. Even on quick, easy slants and timing routes, he throws to the receiver’s back shoulder too often, misses the window, and throws his receivers into far too much danger in the middle of the field 

And I loved Goff coming out he was the only guy I wanted out of 2016

I liked him even more so than Kizer. I did think his arm was somewhat light for the AFC North but I thought he could make it. 

I for sure think Goff and Kizer were in different situations. 

Kizer’s main problem is the talent around him. Goff’s problem was Jeff Fisher was his HC and QB coach was Chris Weinke. Going from that to Mcvay and Greg Olsen was a major move 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

hmm...lots of similarities. I could care less if a guy was drafted #1 overall or in the 5th round. 

You mean you couldn't care less?

Doesn't matter what you think.  Kizer's draft position and performance justifies a new regime moving on from him after this season.  Jared Goff's did not, it actually made it impossible to move on.

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I’m sorry H2 but I completely disagree with this assessment of Goff. There’s literally no similarities between Goff and Kizer in college. 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Not ALL 12 INT are a result of drops.

Not ALL of the woeful 52% completion % are due to drops.

Audibling to a QB sneak without a timeout from your own 3 yard line with under 15 seconds left isn't because of drops.

Ranking 32nd out of 34 in yards per game isn't due to drops.

His last in the NFL 54.4 rating isn't due solely to drops.

The WR are HORRIFIC and a contributing factor, but to refuse to put a good portion of the blame on Kizer is unfair as well.

Not that a TD:INT ratio of 4:10 is much better (I'd also have to review his other INTs as I only know for sure a few were all on him), but, 2 of those INTs were because Britt didn't want to be outdone by our other WRs dropping passes like he was, so he decided to hit 2 balls in the air that resulted in them getting picked by the defender.

2 hours ago, Onizuka said:

Not that a TD:INT ratio of 4:10 is much better (I'd also have to review his other INTs as I only know for sure a few were all on him), but, 2 of those INTs were because Britt didn't want to be outdone by our other WRs dropping passes like he was, so he decided to hit 2 balls in the air that resulted in them getting picked by the defender.

I counted earlier in the year and five of his picks were on balls the receivers tipped to defenders or the one play against Indy where Williams ran the wrong route and Kizer threw it right where he should've been.

I mean, he's been blech. But with our WR corps, the playcalling not helping him until the last couple weeks, and his age, it's fair to say that we just don't know for sure yet. That does NOT mean don't draft a guy. But it means you can at least have the conversation (and still end up drafting a guy lol).

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

You mean you couldn't care less?

Doesn't matter what you think.  Kizer's draft position and performance justifies a new regime moving on from him after this season.  Jared Goff's did not, it actually made it impossible to move on.

Not sure what you mean by "moving on from him".

We will owe him a lot of money so we will not cut him.

And this FO clings to people they picked.

We will draft a QB with the top or one of the top 3 picks.

He will compete with Kizer.

May the better man win.

What's wrong with that?

Kizer would 100% have to show to show he’s the guy to build on, these last 7 games, to not draft a QB at 1, if they think they have a franchise guy out there. If there’s even a question mark (and right now, there’s a big one), get a QB. You have the chance to get the best guy in the draft, if you really do have good evaluators. Essentially, having two good QBs, if it turned out that way, is a luxury and not a problem. Not something we should bet on, but it doesn’t seem to be the tough choice a lot of people seem to be making it.

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Kizer would 100% have to show to show he’s the guy to build on, these last 7 games, to not draft a QB at 1, if they think they have a franchise guy out there. If there’s even a question mark (and right now, there’s a big one), get a QB. You have the chance to get the best guy in the draft, if you really do have good evaluators. Essentially, having two good QBs, if it turned out that way, is a luxury and not a problem. Not something we should bet on, but it doesn’t seem to be the tough choice a lot of people seem to be making it.

We go 30 years without having a Franchise QB and now people are actually scared we will have 2 on the roster at the same time. LOL!!!!!

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not sure what you mean by "moving on from him".

We will owe him a lot of money so we will not cut him.

And this FO clings to people they picked.

We will draft a QB with the top or one of the top 3 picks.

He will compete with Kizer.

May the better man win.

What's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with that.  It's just not the best thing for Kizer.

If we pick a QB top 3 then he will more than likely play unless Kizer is at a pro bowl level. You don't keep your 1st overall pick on the bench otherwise.

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think most people will recognize we should pick a QB.  The question mark for me is why we picked Kizer in the first place, if given his college career the chance of him hacking it right away were very small.  Most likely scenarios after the draft seemed like Kessler/Osweiller win the jobs and we don't find out what we have in Kizer or (what happened) Kessler/Oz suck and Kizer wins the job before he adjusts to the NFL, in which case we still don't know what we have (but maybe get a slight idea). Our QB room was set up poorly this year from the jump.  Even after we chose Kizer it seemed like everybody considered the fact we'd draft a QB in 2018.  I think Kizer had a lot value where we took him just not for our team.

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think most people will recognize we should pick a QB.  The question mark for me is why we picked Kizer in the first place, if given his college career the chance of him hacking it right away were very small.  Most likely scenarios after the draft seemed like Kessler/Osweiller win the jobs and we don't find out what we have in Kizer or (what happened) Kessler/Oz suck and Kizer wins the job before he adjusts to the NFL, in which case we still don't know what we have (but maybe get a slight idea). Our QB room was set up poorly this year from the jump.  Even after we chose Kizer it seemed like everybody considered the fact we'd draft a QB in 2018.  I think Kizer had a lot value where we took him just not for our team.

Yeah he seemed to be a need meets value pick for sure. 

31 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Completely agree. If I'm honest, the only thing that made me not hate the pick is I knew the Browns would start him over the noodle armed Kessler and nomad Osweiller because of his 'physical potential' and that would lock in the number one pick this year, where we could get a true franchise QB. There was also the smallest chance that he would come in and light it up, meaning we found our QB, but I never really thought that was going to happen.

If it meant we passed on someone like Kareem Hunt, so be it. I just look at it as we burnt a late second rounder to simultaneously take a long shot at a potential franchise QB or to guarantee the first pick next year.

Archived