• Celtics in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Nets in 4
    • Nets in 5
    • Nets in 6
    • Nets in 7

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes Tatum is outplaying KD in the series. Heck Jordan Poole is having a better playoffs than KD doesn’t mean he surpasses him too. Like you can admire how great Tatum is playing without going to the extreme.

Age factors in.  Tatum ascending, Durant likely nearing/in decline.

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I know Steph won a title before KD got there but what does that have to do with Steph success AFTER KD left? Steph hasn’t had much team success AFTER KD left to warrant people saying “look what KD left”. Now if Steph and the Warriors win a title this season or at least get to the conference finals then we can start to have that conversation but right now since KD left Steph hasn’t done much with his team.

KD hasn't done much pre or post Steph if you want to go down that road

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Age factors in.  Tatum ascending, Durant likely nearing/in decline.

KD hasn't done much pre or post Steph if you want to go down that road

Ok we say Tatum is ascending but he hasnt passed KD like Im hearing Pierce say. 

Im not here to talk about what KD did before Steph Im just saying AFTER Steph its not like Steph has led the Warriors to a championship or multiple championships where we can say "KD left that". Steph has been struggling to win just like KD has in the playoffs. At best we can say both misses each other and not KD miss Steph.

At the end of the day, its hard to win A title let alone titles plural. The only thing as a fan you can hope for is your team put itself in the best possible position. Just like in football Im a Rams fan. Yes we won the Superbowl but had we not won Id still be happy my team is actually trying to win. The Nets rebuilt their team from the ground up and positioned themselves to get KD and Kyrie and they did. Now they didnt really want Kyrie but they knew it was a package deal. In order to get KD they had to get Kyrie. It hasnt worked out the way they had hoped thus far but its not over. 

Magic wonders if KD and Kyrie is a good fit together? I say yes when they have a true point guard. The Suns with all the talent they have wasnt a great team until they got CP3. He runs the offense to help put Booker, Ayton, and the other players in great position to succeed to their highest level. When Harden was fully invested with the Nets and running the point guard the Nets were (16-3) when he, KD, and Kyrie were all out there. He ran the point guard which made it easier for KD, Kyrie, and the rest of the Nets players. We know Harden and Kyrie got hurt which derailed them last season and then we know what happened this season. I think Simmons will be that point forward who will hand the ball and get KD, Kyrie, and the rest of the Nets players to play at their highest levels. KD and Kyrie can handle the ball but they arent true playmakers with the ball to run the offense like a Simmons could or a CP3 or a Harden. So my thinking is next season when Simmons is healthy and out there lets see how this team come together and look like before we say what KD and Kyrie can and cant do with the Nets. Thats all Im trying to say. 

If the Nets don’t fire Nash then I am not even entertaining them being title contenders next season no matter what they do in the offseason. Nash as a coach is booty cheeks. KD and Kyrie just walk over him. Even Kyrie said they don’t need a coach. Gotta get someone in there that will get the players respect 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If the Nets don’t fire Nash then I am not even entertaining them being title contenders next season no matter what they do in the offseason. Nash as a coach is booty cheeks. KD and Kyrie just walk over him. Even Kyrie said they don’t need a coach. Gotta get someone in there that will get the players respect 

Even though Nash is a poor coach, Kyrie's disrespectful comments are a microcosm of why they're about to be swept.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

get rid of Kyrie and watch Nash turn into a great coach. 

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

So my thinking is next season when Simmons is healthy and out there lets see how this team come together and look like before we say what KD and Kyrie can and cant do with the Nets. Thats all Im trying to say. 

Ben is absolutely terrible. He is a liability, not an asset. 

I watched game 1, little of game 2 and watched game 3. The Celtics have KD completely confused and befuddled. Major props, but I have never seen KD lose confidence like this before. He's had some off series and some flat out bad series, but never where he was made hesitant to even shoot or do anything. 

But I have seen Nash make no adjustments. If you know the Celtics are going to double him at every touch and trap him on every screen...Why not let him bring the ball up and clear out for him where he can go one on one before the second defender comes to him? Why not more line ups with KD at the five to get more spacing? One thing the Nets are getting exposed at is they have too many players one dimensional and limited in their play making. They also don't have the size on the perimeter to deal with the Celtics guards/forwards...But if KD played like KD, no reason this series shouldn't have gone to at least 6.

Much props to the Celtics, but KD is playing like A$$ and deserves to get heat thrown his way....Likewise with Kyrie who was special in game 1 and trash in the next two games. 

I expect the Nets to lose tonight. Scott Foster is irrelevant imo. I hope Im wrong and the Nets can win to at the very least avoid the sweep.

I know people are bashing Simmons for not playing but my take is that if he is really hurt he shouldnt play. The media clowned AD last season and called him soft bc he hurt his knee Game 3 of the Suns series and wasnt going to play Game 4. He eventually played bc he didnt want to be viewed as someone who couldnt "gut it out" and as a result he hurt his groin in Game 4 and missed the rest of the series. Simmons need to do whats best for his healthy and his future. How we feel is irrelevant.