49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also have to say Moon Knight on Disney+ has been really good 3 episodes in. I just hope it doesn't fall off the rails like Falcon/Winter Solider did. Oscar Isaac has been dynamite as Marc Spector. 

Praying that they get She-Hulk right when her series debuts. Ms. Marvel I'm lukewarm about after the trailer drop (especially with how they seem to be handling her powers). 

I'm loving Moon Knight so far. Oscar Isaac is a treasure. I'm not sure about She-Hulk. I want it to be good, but I don't know how to feel about the rumor of the excessive 4th-wall breaking and sitcom-like structure. I'm also lukewarm on Ms. Marvel. I really loved her portrayal in the Avengers video game, she was a lot of fun, but the one in the show seems to be younger and different. I hope it's good. 

8 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm loving Moon Knight so far. Oscar Isaac is a treasure. I'm not sure about She-Hulk. I want it to be good, but I don't know how to feel about the rumor of the excessive 4th-wall breaking and sitcom-like structure. I'm also lukewarm on Ms. Marvel. I really loved her portrayal in the Avengers video game, she was a lot of fun, but the one in the show seems to be younger and different. I hope it's good. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the 4th wall breaking style is the direction that the MCU edition of She-Hulk turned out to be. She-Hulk's most notable run was the John Byrne run, and that was a regular aspect of that series. I'm indifferent about that run in general, but hopefully if that is what MCU does, it doesn't get out of hand. We'll probably know right away of the tone when the first teaser drops. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yup, Jennifer Walters is an attorney. Hoping to see Matt at some point at least referenced.

That’s the rumor on Reddit right now. I think the legal cases in the show center around super hero / villain issues on a minor level. Like, street-level type characters.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Just watched the final trailer for Dr strange. Honestly one of the best trailers I've seen from marvel. I'm not even a big strange fan and it had me

Yeah that trailer looks good. I’m still more excited for Thor Love and Thunder, although I’m not really sure what’s going on in the movie other than Jane Foster becoming Thor and a few things like that. 

I gotta be honest I still haven’t made it through the first Dr. Strange or Black Panther unimpeded; I’ve tried to watch both a couple times and kept dozing off. I’m pretty sure I’ve watched Black Panther enough times that I can patch together the entire movie now though (falling asleep for different parts). 

The new Dr Strange looks good though. I’m probably mostly excited about Elizabeth Olsen being in it. She’s a looker.

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Yeah that trailer looks good. I’m still more excited for Thor Love and Thunder, although I’m not really sure what’s going on in the movie other than Jane Foster becoming Thor and a few things like that. 

I gotta be honest I still haven’t made it through the first Dr. Strange or Black Panther unimpeded; I’ve tried to watch both a couple times and kept dozing off. I’m pretty sure I’ve watched Black Panther enough times that I can patch together the entire movie now though (falling asleep for different parts). 

The new Dr Strange looks good though. I’m probably mostly excited about Elizabeth Olsen being in it. She’s a looker.

I find it a bit funny that between Dr. Strange and Thor, Marvel put ms. Marvel in between them. I think I'll skip this show but to me its like watching Wrestlemania and they threw in a filler match in between two main event matches....

14 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Oookay. No way I can fall asleep during either of those. Really like Strange and Panther a lot. Thought both casting jobs were amazing. Too bad we never got a Panther II before Bozeman was gone. 

Thought Captain Marvel was the worst of the entire MCU...didn't help that they completely altered the Skrull situation. They were the ultimate infiltrators/invaders in the comics and they had to ruin that. 

And I'll agree with the Elizabeth Olsen remark...she first caught my attention in "Godzilla"---yes, I actually like that movie as well as Kong Skull Island. After that? Nope. The next two were horrid. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oookay. No way I can fall asleep during either of those. Really like Strange and Panther a lot. Thought both casting jobs were amazing. Too bad we never got a Panther II before Bozeman was gone. 

Thought Captain Marvel was the worst of the entire MCU...didn't help that they completely altered the Skrull situation. They were the ultimate infiltrators/invaders in the comics and they had to ruin that. 

And I'll agree with the Elizabeth Olsen remark...she first caught my attention in "Godzilla"---yes, I actually like that movie as well as Kong Skull Island. After that? Nope. The next two were horrid. 

I have a nice TV in my bedroom with one of those adjustable bases for my bed. I put myself in a very nap conducive environment when I watch movies.