Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who are the Jets gonna take? 

If it's Ekwonu I don't think you are messing anything up.

Edit: I see a lot of Sauce buzz on Twitter for the Jets. I mean you do need another CB to pair with Bryce Hall. With that said, Saleh has got great play out of his defenses without a lot at corner in the past.

We signed DJ Reed so we don’t need a Corner, I’m really not sure why people keep mocking a Corner to us but I’ve stopped arguing about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We signed DJ Reed so we don’t need a Corner, I’m really not sure why people keep mocking a Corner to us but I’ve stopped arguing about it. 

Ah. Forgot that you signed Reed.

Can't you move Reed to the slot though? That's where he was projected when he came out of college.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

for me it was "WE WANT SAPP!" only for them to take a TE lol

They took so many low value positions in that video....

I don't think teams knew to gauge positional value when drafting back then though.

The Jets fan saying "they must know something we don't" about them taking Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino was pretty great too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They took so many low value positions in that video....

I don't think teams knew to gauge positional value when drafting back then though.

The Jets fan saying "they must know something we don't" about them taking Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino was pretty great too.

Agreed. I'm still kinda processing them taking a FB in round 1. That had to have been during prime Mike Alstott days.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah. Forgot that you signed Reed.

Can't you move Reed to the slot though? That's where he was projected when he came out of college.

Reed isn’t a Nickelback. Saleh already said he made that mistake with him in SF. Hall and Reed will be the boundary Corners with Carter at nickel and Echols/Dunn backing them up. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Reed isn’t a Nickelback. Saleh already said he made that mistake with him in SF. Hall and Reed will be the boundary Corners with Carter at nickel and Echols/Dunn backing them up.

I'm not gonna lie that's a pretty meh corner group, but I didn't know that about Saleh saying he made a mistake playing him there in SF. 

I asked the question cause that's what I remember him being projected at cause of his size.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not gonna lie that's a pretty meh corner group, but I didn't know that about Saleh saying he made a mistake playing him there in SF. 

I asked the question cause that's what I remember him being projected at cause of his size.

I mean they held up last year with absolutely zero pass rush. I get that everyone wants names but it doesn’t always make the difference we think it does. 

As for Reed’s size that was definitely the initial projection for him but he’s proven those projections wrong and has played well on the outside.

Edited by KingOfNewYork