Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

But that's the whole point. 8 WRs went before they had their first pick. If they don't have a 1st round grade on the guys left then they should look elsewhere. Now you could argue they should have traded up maybe or tried to trade back from at least one of the picks but I don't think it's as disastrous as others are saying just because of that WR run.

Don't disagree. BUT...was Quay Walker worth a 1st? Then a classy guy in Wyatt next? 

Just now, rackcs said:

But that's the whole point. 8 WRs went before they had their first pick. If they don't have a 1st round grade on the guys left then they should look elsewhere. Now you could argue they should have traded up maybe or tried to trade back from at least one of the picks but I don't think it's as disastrous as others are saying just because of that WR run.

Im not saying they need to force a receiver pick but they know they needed a receiver so be aggressive and move up. The Saints did it for Olave and the Lions did it for Williams. You cant just sit on your hands and do nothing. Now the Packers have done a great job finding guys later in the draft so maybe thats what they are banking on. They better hope thats the case. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

We just drafted Cole Strange and George Karlaftis was picked one pick later

Honestly though a lot of people are low on Karlaftis' ceiling. How did he get to 30 in the first place?

And Bill's history with OL, and Strange's movement skills. Dude could be a hall of famer. 

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I really thought Cole Strange would slip into the mid-late 2nd and people would be confused about him going that high. Would've been a good pick. In the first is a little crazy but I think he was going higher than people thought the whole time.

I thought he would go early third and if you reached in the late second, no big deal

• Like 1