NFL Draft Day 2 GDT- We get to participate!!

Forge

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much. 

I will say that picks after the first round tend to be far more stable with regards to their trade value, so using the TVC is going to be pretty close most of the time. 

That said, John Lynch / 49ers are one of the worst teams in the league at losing pick value through trades during the draft. I'm pretty sure that he's bottom 5 if I remember right. 

Viking new GM might be #1 after that trade back yesterday. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

The amount of Niners twitter that wants Watson is just mind boggling 

Why are you so down on him? 

He’s got things that you can’t teach. He may take a minute to get up to speed in the pros, but I think he could develop into a number 1. I’d be totally cool with taking him personally.

8 minutes ago, GW21 said:

He’s got things that you can’t teach. He may take a minute to get up to speed in the pros, but I think he could develop into a number 1. I’d be totally cool with taking him personally.

Not trying to speak for Forge but for me personally we don't need to invest any more draft capital at this point into the WR position. At least not until like the 4th round and even then I'd squirm unless it was like Watson or George Pickens. 

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don't hate him, but he's closer to 100 than 50 imo. Bad value for the pick and bad value for the need with the team.  I think 49ers fans in particular love him because of a combine and he was teammates with Trey lance in college lol. 

Lack of domination at an FCS school with ups and downs and he's a redshirt senior. Don't love his size to be honest (needs to get bigger and stronger). He's had some low key knee issues people don't talk about, though I'm not a doctor, so i'm not sure how bad it is.  Most people know he doesn't have great hands though the drops have gotten better, but I don't think that he'll have an overly tremendous intermediate game at the next level, particularly against man coverage. I think he's a little high cut with  longer breaks in his routes that are just going to allow corners to eat him up in man. I don't view him as a guy who is going to get 140 targets a year. I think he's going to be a super linear receiver and his other routes need work. I think Tyrell Williams is a pretty good comp. 

The main thing about Watson is that I don't think that you're getting the amount of immediate production you want out of a guy that you're taking in the second round. He's raw as hell. There are certainly flashes of dominance in college, but not nearly consistent enough for me given the play competition (and as someone mentioned last year with Lance in what was a fair argument...North Dakota St may have a bigger team talent to competition talent disparity than even Alabama). Some of that is the playstyle of the team...he's very efficient in his production numbers if not overwhelming in total bulk numbers and the frequency with which he controls the play.

If he's outside of your top 10 wide receivers, I don't think that is crazy at all. 

Like, I actually like Tolbert just as much in a vacuum and I think he'll go like 30 picks later (though admittedly Watson is a better fit for the niners than Tolbert) 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

🤔 🤔 

For the 49ers... Running back is tempting 🤣

Smart-Select-20220429-155651.jpg

I see +550 on bovada for the niners to take a Safety. Thats crazy to me. Feels like that should be the favorite. 

Edge and OL are the same as above (+300 and +400 respectively). I think I am going to pick one of those to hedge with. OL is a bigger need but we seem pretty comfortable with taking those guys in later rounds. Edge is a big need, there is usually a big drop off in talent at that spot, but we do have a lot of bodies on the DL and are good at developing guys.... IDK

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

The main thing about Watson is that I don't think that you're getting the amount of immediate production you want out of a guy that you're taking in the second round. He's raw as hell. There are certainly flashes of dominance in college, but not nearly consistent enough for me given the play competition (and as someone mentioned last year with Lance in what was a fair argument...North Dakota St may have a bigger team talent to competition talent disparity than even Alabama). Some of that is the playstyle of the team...he's very efficient in his production numbers if not overwhelming in total bulk numbers and the frequency with which he controls the play.

If he's outside of your top 10 wide receivers, I don't think that is crazy at all. 

Like, I actually like Tolbert just as much in a vacuum and I think he'll go like 30 picks later (though admittedly Watson is a better fit for the niners than Tolbert) 

I would like to pair Watson with Trey for the storyline if nothing else...

He does have a great size/speed combo and could turn out to be a steal, I don't think he makes it to #61 in all honesty.

Gotta be C/G or safety first imo, those are the 2 spots on paper you would say we have the biggest needs.

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

I see +550 on bovada for the niners to take a Safety. Thats crazy to me. Feels like that should be the favorite. 

Edge and OL are the same as above (+300 and +400 respectively). I think I am going to pick one of those to hedge with. OL is a bigger need but we seem pretty comfortable with taking those guys in later rounds. Edge is a big need, there is usually a big drop off in talent at that spot, but we do have a lot of bodies on the DL and are good at developing guys.... IDK

+550 on a safety is kind of stupid odds. Like I legit don't get that 

26 minutes ago, N4L said:

Not picking until 61 makes it really tough. I'm leaning towards edge, but if I could get safety at that price I'd jump on it.

Doubling down on Willis to ATL, now at +1000... NYG are actually the favorites now, but I kinda like Daniel Jones & IMO Seattle will wait until next year for a QB.

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Not picking until 61 makes it really tough. I'm leaning towards edge, but if I could get safety at that price I'd jump on it.

Doubling down on Willis to ATL, now at +1000... NYG are actually the favorites now, but I kinda like Daniel Jones & IMO Seattle will wait until next year for a QB.

ATL picks 11th and I think whoever takes Willis will trade up 

I just dont see ATL trading up