Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2022 (All Up)

goldfishwars

I like that this one was the first one he didnt put the team name in the thread title. He was like "aeyoo, to hell with the Raidass (and @BayRaider 😁)" <= sorry you were the first raiders fan I could think of.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

19. Green Bay Packers

Promising 2022 NFL Draft for Packers fans - The Times-Delphic

This Class In One Sentence:

Look, maybe Green Bay’s Sacred Scouting Sauce is more important to them than Aaron Rodgers

Pre-Draft Needs

WR, OT, S, EDGE, LB, TE

Selections

Round 1. 22. Quay Walker  | LB | Georgia

Round 1. 28. Devonte Wyatt  | DT | Georgia

Round 2. 34. Christian Watson  | WR | North Dakota State

Round 3. 92. Sean Rhyan  | OT | UCLA

Round 4. 132. Romeo Doubs  | WR | Nevada

Round 4. 140. Zach Tom  | OG | Wake Forest

Round 5. 179. Kingsley Enagbare  | DE | South Carolina

Round 7. 228. Tariq Carpenter  | LB | Georgia Tech

Round 7. 234. Jonathan Ford  | DT | Miami (FL)

Round 7. 249. Rasheed Walker  | OT | Penn State

Round 7. 258. Samori Toure  | WR | Nebraska

What I liked:

They got some good players those Packers from Green Bay, there’s no doubt. Quay Walker came from nowhere during draft season when it eventually became clear the league was enamoured with his tools. He is a built in the lab linebacker, capable of doing it all. Green Bay hasn’t really coveted a defensive player like him, via the draft in a while. Devonte Wyatt is a slightly older with some weird off-field concerns and whilst that pick probably didn't get the blood pumping, he is a good interior rusher who probably has more to show in that facet than he was able to in Georgia. 

I probably like the offensive line additions most. The Packers choose these mid-rounders well – all three are versatile and capable of contributing if not now, then when called upon. I like Zach Tom in particular quite a bit, watch out for that guy, he’s technically refined and super smooth. Kingsley Enagbare feels like an edge who could rotate in with a bit of work. Romeo Doubs is quite nice in the 4th round as a rotational receiver who is arguably more ready to contribute in 2022 with his strong hands and ability to track the ball and make plays deeper down the field.

What I didn’t like:

I swear to God, those two first round selections were the exact pairing used as examples of what maximum upset would look like if Green Bay came out of the first round without at least one receiving weapon. This was the time to repair fault lines would be repaired and sanity would reign in one of the most sensible locations in sports. But that didn’t happen and maybe the front office is just too well-drilled to have panicked after the run on receivers. I don’t fault them for sticking to their tendencies, it's just so, well, it's unexciting. 

Depending on what you think on those first three selections will dictate how much you enjoyed this class, some will be ecstatic. That’s not stating the obvious, that’s saying that it’s three players who have a range of opinions about them. The Packers had four selections before pick 59 before the move up for Watson. If they had stayed and simply picked, those could have been spent on Jermaine Johnson, George Pickens, Skyy Moore and then, I dunno, Chad Muma – if you want a diet Quay Walker. It’s something to weigh up, certainly if you don’t think of Watson as someone Green Bay necessarily had to go up and collect.

I guess if you liked Christian Watson as a prospect, you’ll feel placated that the team traded up to go get him. He's not exactly refined. His athletic tools are very enticing, but he hasn’t yet made full use of those and his development is probably going to take time. That might create a separate frustration if it doesn’t happen quickly.

• Like 1

I'm sure a guy who has been coaching for nearly 50 years and enough Super Bowl rings to put on one of his toes is going to have many restless nights after reading this.

I swear, the draft is the single most overrated and overblown part of the offseason.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, Raves said:

misinformation is something that can lead to the decline of society, need to address it whenever possible. 

I don’t think a draft chart is going to cause the downfall of society

• Like 2

I strongly suspect we could find no trade partner to enable us to move up and get one of the top WRs in this class so for us to get Watson in the second isn't too bad.  If he fulfills his potential nobody is gonna remember how we got skunked by not getting one of the other coveted receivers in this draft.  Most folks say our defense isn't all that great so for Gute to address that in round 1 is a smart move when you look at how the draft was going at the time.  

Edited by Pugger

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

I'm sure a guy who has been coaching for nearly 50 years and enough Super Bowl rings to put on one of his toes is going to have many restless nights after reading this.

I swear, the draft is the single most overrated and overblown part of the offseason.

But his drafting prowess is terrible, that doesnt meant hes a terrible coach

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

But his drafting prowess is terrible, that doesnt meant hes a terrible coach

You could argue that NE's success over the years haven't allowed Belichick to pick earlier in the draft but there's no defending how many busts he has drafted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You could argue that NE's success over the years haven't allowed Belichick to pick earlier in the draft but there's no defending how many busts he has drafted.

Granted he drafted two arguable GOATs at separate positions(brady/Gronk)

The Gronk story is hilarious, he fell asleep during a predraft visit going over film. Still drafted off injury in the 2nd. Again hes got a good eye for talent, but overall his drafting prowess isnt good

Edited by Chiefer

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The Gronk story is hilarious, he fell asleep during a predraft visit going over film. Still drafted off injury in the 2nd. Again hes got a good eye for talent, but overall his drafting prowess isnt good

Yeah I saw the video where he explained it. That's hilarious.

No doubt. The man knows how to spot talent and get the most out of his players. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Let’s not pretend that Brady was anything other than fantastic luck.

• Like 4