2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Or perhaps give Carolina Cooks and a 3rd rounder to move up to #1. We want Bryce, but we don't know who they want. 

I really do believe they're going with Stroud. I believe Young will be there at 2. If he's their guy then that would mitigate the potential disaster of that meaningless win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Man I just feel like if we take Bryce young, it’s gonna cost Demeco his job. 

I don’t think it’ll cost Ryans his job, much like how Zach Wilson isn’t costing Robert Saleh or Joe Douglas their respective jobs. Jets are pivoting to Aaron Rodgers or Jimmy Garoppolo, but Saleh and Douglas are both in on that decision.

However, if Young doesn’t look good by Y3, Nick Caserio is gone. 

I think both Stroud and Young are slam dunk picks. They’re not raw, both NFL ready QB’s who could walk into a starting job ASAP. They’re both super intelligent and can read the field well. 

My only issue with Young is his size in terms of possible durability, and that might just be something influenced by media cause Russ, Kyler (aside from ACL) and Brees really aren’t that different than their 6’3’’ counterparts. 

At the end of the day I’m excited to see a rookie QB again that isn’t a project. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We obviously don’t plan on Davis mills ever playing for us again. I wonder if we can get a 6th round pick for him?

I could see us keeping him as 3rd team. I doubt we can find a much better third string qb, and they seem like they'll want to keep 3 after how the niners season went

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I could see us keeping him as 3rd team. I doubt we can find a much better third string qb, and they seem like they'll want to keep 3 after how the niners season went

We do have E.J. Perry tho.... they may be holding on to him until (knock on wood) another team has an injury

• Like 1

TBH, I would punt at taking a WR early this draft.  We will be picking high enough to take a WR in a much better draft class potentially next year.  The WR core is decent now if Cooks isnt traded.  Much better than last season for sure.  Not sure how we will carry 6 wr's if we draft one this year and Cooks stays.

Cooks

Woods

Collins

Metchie

Brown

Edited by Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

TBH, I would punt at taking a WR early this draft.  We will be picking high enough to take a WR in a much better draft class potentially next year.  The WR core is decent now if Cooks isnt traded.  Much better than last season for sure.  Not sure how we will carry 6 wr's if we draft one this year and Cooks stays.

Cooks

Woods

Collins

Metchie

Brown

Don't forget Amari Rodgers and Jalen Camp (personal fav).

I think Cooks is gone and he wants to be gone.