Who is Your 2022 Breakout Team?

brownie man

41 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The commanders

Legit shot to win division with the cowboys slipping

Agreed!

This team got a whole lot better on Offense, imo. They've added additional weapons in rookies WR Jahan Dotson, TE Cole Turner & RB Brian Robinson.

They're now 4 WR's deep in Scary Terry, Curtis Samuels, Jahan Dotson & Dyami Brown.

They now have 3 TE's who can make plays in Logan Thomas, Bates & Cole Turner.

3 RB's in Antonio Gibson, McKissic & Robinson.

And an Offensive line that is top 10 in the League.

They now have a QB in Carson Wentz who can make all the deep throws that neither Alex Smith or Taylor Heinike could ever make. To take advantage of the speed & big play ability those weapons will offer.

I can't guarantee Washington will win 12+ games....

But I can guarantee this!

They will average 24+ pts a game or more for the whole 2022 season.  Book it! 📖

I'm presuming that will equate to more wins, than usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I can't guarantee Washington will win 12+ games....

But I can guarantee this!

They will average 24+ pts a game or more for the whole 2022 season.  Book it! 📖

I'm presuming that will equate to more wins, than usual.

Ace. I’m really disappointed. I’m hoping you’ll have another big predictions post. If Washington scores 24 points a game, that would have ranked 16th last year. Sure it be an improvement on last years 24th best offense, but that is still small fry compared to years past.

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The commanders

Legit shot to win division with the cowboys slipping

What makes you think the Cowboys are slipping? Last I checked, Dak Prescott and Micah Parsons still played for them and they did major work to fix the OL and DL issues.

In any event, Washington won too many games in 2021 for me to consider them a breakout even if they break through.

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

What makes you think the Cowboys are slipping? Last I checked, Dak Prescott and Micah Parsons still played for them and they did major work to fix the OL and DL issues.

In any event, Washington won too many games in 2021 for me to consider them a breakout even if they break through.

They will take a dip in the passing game and gibson >zeke

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

The Lions won 3 games last year. Doesn't take much to breakout from that. 

They have some exciting young talent on both sides of the ball though and generally seem to be moving in the right direction. 

Swift/St.Brown/Jameo/Hockenson is a nice core of skill players and they should have cornerstones on at LT/Edge with Sewell and Hutchinson.

24 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I'll say the Jets as well. I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs, but they will take a big step up.

Yeah they seem primed to take a step forward this year if their young players are healthy and improve. Mainly falls on Zach Wilson but they have some pieces in place offensively, I think their defense will be better as well. Added a bunch of pieces like Johnson, Sauce, Whitehead, and Reed. Plus they're reportedly close to signing Larry O and Kwon Alexander.

• Like 1

The Vikings. I think they have a great shot to win the NFCN bc the Packers taking a step back bc of losing Adams and we cant expect a 2nd round rookie to come in right away and change life for ARod and the Packers offense. I think the Vikings defense is upgraded with Z Smith and they finally have an offensive mind. The last time they had a legit offensive mind in Stefanski they went (13-3) and went to the NFCCG with Keenum. I think they have better overall weapons and its going to be interesting to see how O'Connell uses all those pieces he has. I think this is a make or break year for Cousins bc if he dont get the job done I can seriously see them moving on from him in the offseason after this season. So Im thinking the Vikings have a shot to not just win the NFCN but get to the NFCCG if the right matchups happen in the playoffs of course. But they are my sleeper team and people are automatically counting them out bc of ARod and the Packers in the division and the fact that the Vikings have Cousins. I say watch out for the Vikings and dont sleep on them this upcoming season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Vikings. I think they have a great shot to win the NFCN bc the Packers taking a step back bc of losing Adams and we cant expect a 2nd round rookie to come in right away and change life for ARod and the Packers offense. I think the Vikings defense is upgraded with Z Smith and they finally have an offensive mind. The last time they had a legit offensive mind in Stefanski they went (13-3) and went to the NFCCG with Keenum. I think they have better overall weapons and its going to be interesting to see how O'Connell uses all those pieces he has. I think this is a make or break year for Cousins bc if he dont get the job done I can seriously see them moving on from him in the offseason after this season. So Im thinking the Vikings have a shot to not just win the NFCN but get to the NFCCG if the right matchups happen in the playoffs of course. But they are my sleeper team and people are automatically counting them out bc of ARod and the Packers in the division and the fact that the Vikings have Cousins. I say watch out for the Vikings and dont sleep on them this upcoming season. 

Cousins will never leave Minny unless he want too.

He'll throw 5689 yards

46 TD's to 7 int's

Only to fumble the ball at the 3 yard line down 24-21 vs the Bears in the finale on 3rd down.

Costing them a TD for the win, or a FG tie.

Vikings go 9-8 for the season....but losing out to the 9-8 bears because of the sweep.

No playoffs...

Then next yr in 2023, Cousins will get an extension that makes Patrick Mahommes blush.

7 year - 196M - 73 Million guaranteed

Cause that's how cousins works it.

Edited by aceinthehouse

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Does going from 9 to 10-11 wins make them a breakout team? 

Well, I’ll be honest then, I didn’t bother to look up their record. I think they’ll be quite a bit better but if that’s not “breaking out” then fine

i predict no teams that finished last in their division will make the playoffs, or even have that good a record. Maybe close to .500 for some of them, but that’s it. For me.

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Does going from 9 to 10-11 wins make them a breakout team? 

It would if they made an actual Playoff run for a SB birth instead of getting embarrassed in the WC rd, No?

Breakout can mean many things. Or are we really asking who is the 2022 version of the Cincinnati Bengals? In that case give me 

Jets, Jags or Giants possibly going worst to first 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

This is obviously a biased pick but I haven't seen them mentioned yet so I'll say the Chargers. (They had a winning record last year but missed the playoffs so I think they should still qualify)

The team finally feels complete now and Herbert is a borderline top 5 QB. Staley finally has "His defense" so there should be no excuse for it to not at least be above average.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:08 PM, NYRaider said:

I'll go against the grain and pick the Jets.

Jets are my pick as well. If Zach Wilson improves (like he should) this team could fight for the division title. 

I think they’re the team that most closely resembles the Bengals breakout last year - 2nd year QB, great weapons, stout D. I like Saleh as well.