• Mavs in 4
    • Mavs in 5
    • Mavs in 6
    • Mavs in 7
    • GSW in 4
    • GSW in 5
    • GSW in 6
    • GSW in 7

Dude said the Warriors are lucky they didn’t have to play the Suns lol. Ain’t no one ever been scared of the Suns. No one has ever said oh **** we gotta play the Suns. Y’all were cupcakes and frauds that got dragged at home in a game 7. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

It was Dorian Finney Smith

Lolol

DFS led to the internal beef? Huh? 

2 hours ago, billking said:

Klay has also been a very streaky shooter pre injury, up for debate but some felt when Klay gets hot he's better than even Curry when he also gets going.

Yeah, people are just remembering the good moments for Klay but he has always been like this. His entire postseason run in 2017 was like this. But he's been great in so many big moments. 

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Seems like as the game wore on, particularly second half Warriors didn’t even care that the Mavs were open on the 3s. 

Also, is there a reason Kuminga isn’t getting playing time in this series?

Probably does not think Kuminga is disciplined enough defensively with Luka trying to get foul calls on every trip down. Still makes no sense on how Kerr kept going with Lee when he's given the team nothing on both ends. 

One thing the Mavs should have stopped doing is doubling Steph especially of the screens. It ain’t working the pieces around him keep on stepping up and making shots or drive to the rim. I think you have to say if he’s gonna drop 50 then so be it but Steph is to much a team player whos a willing passer and is always gonna make that extra pass to get a wide open shot or drive to the basket. 

29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing the Mavs should have stopped doing is doubling Steph especially of the screens. It ain’t working the pieces around him keep on stepping up and making shots or drive to the rim. I think you have to say if he’s gonna drop 50 then so be it but Steph is to much a team player whos a willing passer and is always gonna make that extra pass to get a wide open shot or drive to the basket. 

They tried switching late and when Luka would get on him, Steph would just blow by him but that is still probably the best strategy. You need the personnel to pull it off. The Heat and Celtics are going to be a different animal in the finals. When the Celtics go to the Smart/Brown/Tatum/White/Horford line up, they will be able to switch everything. It will be the like Rockets series from 2018-2019. But the Celtics just in general have always made it tough on the Warriors offense over the years...The Heat obviously are a very good defensive team up with a lot of versatility with Bam being arguably the best big on switches in the league. 

I don't know what the actual numbers say, but it seems like EVERY time Brunson gets Poole on a switch, he gets a bucket. Brunson is just good period but when he sees Poole on a switch, he is in straight attack mode and scores easy. Going zone has helped hide Poole as well as the hard shows but there is only so much you can do hide him. Just looking ahead, he's going to get attacked hard by the Heat and Celtics perimeter players. The man has to at least be SOMEWHAT competent on that end. 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

this is almost 2x the difference in efficiency between the best offense in the nba this year and the worst. 

they went from shooting better than steph curry on wide open 3s to worse than jimmy butler on wide open 3s. 

the jazz played atrocious defense v the mavs and they still gave up less open shots than the warriors. warriors are giving up almost 50% more open shots than the suns did. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dude said the Warriors are lucky they didn’t have to play the Suns lol. Ain’t no one ever been scared of the Suns. No one has ever said oh **** we gotta play the Suns. Y’all were cupcakes and frauds that got dragged at home in a game 7. 

The Sun's really are the biggest regular season frauds in awhile. 

So what is the Warriors’ realistic chance of keeping this core for a while?

Wiggins has 1 more year at 30 mil? I assume they’d give Poole a big contract over him? Or how do they keep both on big contracts? Also have to think someone is going to offer Payton around $10 mil a year when he’s a FA.

I wonder if one or two of Steph/Dray/Klay take pay cuts to keep them together.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

45 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Wiggins has 1 more year at 30 mil? I assume they’d give Poole a big contract over him? Or how do they keep both on big contracts? Also have to think someone is going to offer Payton around $10 mil a year when he’s a FA.

Thats why they got Moody and Kuminga just in case that scenario happens. 

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Mavs Maxi Kleber on wide-open 3s

vs. Utah: 12-for-24

vs. Suns: 13-for-25

vs. Warriors: 1-for-11

😬

Even worse has been his defense. I can’t think of many players who have had a worse series than he’s having. He’s perfect as a 4th big or so on a team. He’s our #1 big lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Even worse has been his defense. I can’t think of many players who have had a worse series than he’s having. He’s perfect as a 4th big or so on a team. He’s our #1 big lol.

Honestly it’s surprising y’all made it this far. I wanted to see Luka magic but the talent and depth disparity is way too big this series and the Warriors actually showed up on their game 

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

A 4th big ain't shooting as well as he had. Jesus

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Well Steph is already signed through 2026, so no discount there.

They're likely going to have to pick between Wiggins and Poole. Wiggins will still get at least $20 million a year on his next contract and I'd imagine Poole will get the same.

Kuminga and Moody they don't have to worry about for 3 more years, and that's when Klay and Draymond's contracts expire. By that time I'd think they'd both be a good bit less expensive to keep, but hard to say.

They might be able to keep them all. It all starts with Wiggins and Poole, though.