Let’s be honest: which projected starter on your team sucks?

Soko

@Jakuvious Oh, we had one of those. It was pre-Eagles Patrick Chung. Had no business being 20 yards downfield, ever. I guess with Sorensen it was just a case where if anyone was ever getting abused in coverage, it seemed like it was him. At least to me, not watching every game KC plays. 

11 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Ironically, on your team, he's probably a long term starter. Beli would love him.

If this is what the logical mind thinks, I can then guarantee that Belichick spends the first half of his career asking him to get burnt in the deep zone, ruining his reputation/negotiating power in the league, and then bringing him back for the latter half of his career where he’s used properly.

49 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

@Jakuvious Oh, we had one of those. It was pre-Eagles Patrick Chung. Had no business being 20 yards downfield, ever. I guess with Sorensen it was just a case where if anyone was ever getting abused in coverage, it seemed like it was him. At least to me, not watching every game KC plays. 

Ever seen Jonathan Abram pretend to cover? Lol. 

He makes Chung looks like Ed Reed lol. 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, candyman93 said:

Cleveland-

Other than Amari Cooper, our WRs are unproven.

Our DTs are terrible or unproven at best.

We also have garbage linebackers other than Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

Id add center until we get consistent play, nick harris, the guy from seattle and a 7th rounder.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:59 PM, fluhartz said:

Bengals it's either Eli Apple_CB and Jackson Carman_LG 

How the hell does this guy keep getting starting gigs at this point?

I seriously don't understand it. I have never watched a game where I was like "damn eli Apple was great". But I have watched plenty of games where I'm going "what the hell is Eli Apple doing? ".

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, G seems like an actual viable spot for him in a gap scheme. He has that super impressive frame, but he's not mobile and he knows it, which leads to the penalties. Dude could develop, but I am massively skeptical of him as a perimeter player.

I would give him one more year as RT. Let's see if a year of experience and new coaching staff can make him a solid RT. Maybe kick inside if he sucks again in 2022 

15 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

How the hell does this guy keep getting starting gigs at this point?

I seriously don't understand it. I have never watched a game where I was like "damn eli Apple was great". But I have watched plenty of games where I'm going "what the hell is Eli Apple doing? ".

His mom will complain if they don't start him. You can see the position they're in.

On my team, uh... I hate to say Daniel Jones but it's pretty tough to avoid that conclusion. So yeah, Daniel Jones.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Johnathan Abram on defense.

Alex Leatherwood on offense until proven otherwise. 

I’d go with Brandon Parker. Leatherwood was a rookie and can get better. Parker has been in the league several seasons, been a turnstile and still get opportunities 

Edited by bucksavage1

On 6/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, BayRaider said:

RT Alex Leatherwood. 

Outside of the other 23 starters (which includes NB and Slot WR), I wouldn’t say anyone “sucks” but SS Johnathan Abram, C Andre James, G Eluemonor, WR Keelan Cole, ILB Jayon Brown, and our entire IDL group are pretty underwhelming. 

Hoping Leatherwood improves and we sign Suh. 

What has gone wrong for Abram? I remember loving him coming out of college, I think he had some injuries but I assume its more than that?

6 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

What has gone wrong for Abram? I remember loving him coming out of college, I think he had some injuries but I assume its more than that?

I didn’t like Abram coming out of college at all, can’t cover his way out of a paper bag.

• Like 1