Former Browns and Chiefs RT Mitchell Schwartz officially retires

TheKillerNacho

Schwartz, Alex Mack and Joe Thomas on the same line for 4 seasons and they couldn't even win 20 games.

Sure would be nice if they were on the Browns now. Well, they probably wouldn't be as good as they were when they were there before but might still be an improvement.

Hope they all enjoy retirement...Joe already is.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Schwartz, Alex Mack and Joe Thomas on the same line for 4 seasons and they couldn't even win 20 games.

Sure would be nice if they were on the Browns now. Well, they probably wouldn't be as good as they were when they were there before but might still be an improvement.

Hope they all enjoy retirement...Joe already is.

Joe's one player I'll always be disappointed never got a ring. After what he did for crackburn, he deserved one.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, D82 said:

Joe's one player I'll always be disappointed never got a ring. After what he did for crackburn, he deserved one.

Yeah seems like a genuinely good guy and one of the best and durable left tackles of all time. Didn't even play in a playoff game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah seems like a genuinely good guy and one of the best and durable left tackles of all time. Didn't even play in a playoff game.

I still respect the fact that he stayed with the same team for years and never wavered on his feelings for Cleveland. That kind of loyalty and dedication seems like a lost race nowadays.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

His brother is a straight up troll so it’s soured my opinion on Mitchell at times

However, he had a fantastic career

Geoff is building a more impressive post football career, by just leaching off his brother's NFL success, than he ever had a playing career. Giants fans used to complain on twitter about how he was injured all the time (he was). He took such a huge offense to that and went after fans and became a huge troll after that. Never made any sense to me. Seems like just a bitter dude.

Mitch meanwhile just played really good football for a long time and posts about his girlfriend, vacations, and bbq food. Good dude. Wish him the best in retirement.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

No RT consistently gave Von Miller issues like Schwartz managed to.

Not the most physically gifted, but just one of those 'streetwise' type players that would just find a way to keep his guy in front of him.

Such an average athlete but a Great player. Browns we’re irresponsible the way we handled the end of his time with us smh. Glad he got a ring protecting the young 🐐 

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Mitch meanwhile just played really good football for a long time and posts about his girlfriend, vacations, and bbq food. Good dude. Wish him the best in retirement.

See, anyone who posts about BBQ is immediately one of the best people on the internet. By default, y’know?

My opinion on the guy just went over 9000 because of that fact. I’m off to his Instagram to get a glimpse of brisket.

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

See, anyone who posts about BBQ is immediately one of the best people on the internet. By default, y’know?

My opinion on the guy just went over 9000 because of that fact. I’m off to his Instagram to get a glimpse of brisket.

Check out his YouTube page as well. He does some film breakdown as well as Mitch in the Kitch. 

• Like 2