Dolphins trade TE Adam Shaheen to Houston

TheKillerNacho

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Baby Gronk 

@Ty21 thoughts on this move?

His only career accomplishment is being referred to as Baby Gronk, just as many, many other tight ends have been that never ended up being worth one of Gronk’s farts. He can’t catch the ball and he can’t block, an actual dream of a tight end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

His only career accomplishment is being referred to as Baby Gronk, just as many, many other tight ends have been that never ended up being worth one of Gronk’s farts. He can’t catch the ball and he can’t block, an actual dream of a tight end. 

Yeah, I remember being super hyped about Tyler Higbee in 2016 cuz Todd Gurley called him Baby Gronk. Took Higbee until 2019 to have any meaningful impact, and even then he hasn't been blowing it up since.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, I remember being super hyped about Tyler Higbee in 2016 cuz Todd Gurley called him Baby Gronk. Took Higbee until 2019 to have any meaningful impact, and even then he hasn't been blowing it up since.

The only “baby Gronk” comparison I’ve ever actually agreed with is Notre Dame’s Michael Mayer. I genuinely think he’s going to be the real deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

@ET80 what ever happened to Kahale Warring?

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Yeah, I have more career catches than he does. Or, I’m maybe a catch away from him. He was too busy working on his tan or pulling some obscure muscle doing nothing.

Useless football player, looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He's definitely capable of it. Probably more of a blocking TE than a receiver, but he made some pretty good catches too.

Not sure what his deal was in Chicago but he was pretty okay for us, even though he was stuck behind Gesicki (a better receiving TE) and Smythe (a better blocking TE).

I think that is a pretty accurate assessment. Won't wow you, but a capable TE. 

Not a huge surprise because they are deep at TE, I always though Shaheen had potential but one has to be more than just a 6-7 250 dude to be a great TE, but pretty much any 6-7 250 dude that played ok in college gets a shot in the NFL at TE if they show any sense of athletic ability.

But the really great athletes like Gesicki are the big time players at TE who have a real size and athletic ability combo, potentially because they have that extra gear or have that extra burst of explosiveness that makes them a great weapon offensively.