1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Wasn't overly impressed with Love, he's gotten better, but isn't dominating against players who will be selling insurance in a month.  12/24/113 are numbers I'd expect from Christian Ponder.  Not giving up on him, but having doubts about his ability to put consistent drives together.  3 years in, we should be seeing more.  JMO.

It’s a team game, especially in an 11-on-11 sport w/ as much position specialization as football has. Preseason box scores don’t mean squat. He was also throwing to guys that will be selling insurance in a month. And handing off to them and getting blocks from them. 

• Like 1

Lol some of you guys need to pump the brakes a little on Rodgers. Joe Berry made a good point in his presser a few days ago when he said it just clicks faster for some people. 

The kid never got many opportunities last season other than punt returns. Everyone knows Rodgers never looked his way his rookie season. I blame Rodgers for not pulling the kid to the side to coach him up a little by telling him where he needs to be.

His Clemson tape is great. That same player is there. We need to be more patient. I'm not going to move on from a 3 round pick for running a wrong route and dropping a wet ball and I think the front office feels the same way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Pre season game 2 and I still feel the same about Love as I did on the day he was drafted.

he. Ain’t. It. 

You will probably never admit it, but you are the same guy that was saying the same things about Rodgers in his third preseason in GB. Open the mind there is endless potential out there in this vast world we live in.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Pre season game 2 and I still feel the same about Love as I did on the day he was drafted.

he. Ain’t. It. 

What is your passable bar? Who is a QB, current or past, that would be acceptable as the next franchise QB?  What is the worst you are willing to go and still consider Love a success?

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Love's development is behind where I would expect a QB drafted in RD1 to be at this point in their career.  He isn't exactly projecting as a future star in the league.  I'll be more than happy if Love can reach a Kirk Cousins level of competence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who has TEs or Safeties in abundance? 

This is a fun little tool for raiding the cupboard. I’m sure Gute wishes he had access to technology like this and had scouts that read this forum for the depth chart debates. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/TE

*also, Funchess is listed as a TE in DET, who knew?

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Caleb Jones was fun to watch. I'm not sure his game plays against legit NFL players, but it's fun to watch him play against scrubs. 

Kpassagnon is a legit NFL player. He was a former 2nd rd pick.  He'll be on an NFL roster, not working at Lowes. He's a big guy at 6'7 290 and Jones made him look tiny. Jones put him right on his butt with a light punch. I think they should seriously think long and hard not to expose him to waivers.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think we have more NFL bodies on the DL we can roster. Perhaps a trade for a TE or SAF makes sense on the bottom of the roster.

I'm actually surprised that one of the clickbait sites or national media trolls hasn't run with a Jordan Love for a big name WR trade. Like when they had most Packer fans worked to a lather with an Aaron Rodger for Randy Moss back when they were convinced Rodgers was a bust after two or three training camps. 

With several of the clickbaiters lurking here for ideas I'm guessing we could see this as a hot topic leading up to the 53 cut downs. Got to play to the lowest denominators to get those clicks.   

23 minutes ago, Refugee said:

This is a fun little tool for raiding the cupboard. I’m sure Gute wishes he had access to technology like this and had scouts that read this forum for the depth chart debates. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/TE

*also, Funchess is listed as a TE in DET, who knew?

Gutekunst is busy looking at stats

• Like 2