Jimmy G is staying

John232

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Brad does make a good point not a single player has posted a word.

Oh I'm sure Shanahan and company were way out in front on this and made sure the players understand the score. 

Jimmy is the backup. This is Trey's team.

Act as such. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

anyone who thinks jimmy making less than 10 million as a backup to Lance is a bad idea is out of their mind. 49ers would be DOA if Sudfelf/Purdy were forced to start any number of games. Now we have the best backup in the NFL. If the o-line gets trey hurt we won't miss a beat. 

I;m not worried at all about the media. its a largely veteran NFL locker room with high character guys - they should be able to handle the noise. 

Lance is 2 years younger than kenny pickett and hasnt played much football in 2 years. he's a pup. a baby. he's got plenty of time to grow. this is an elite roster that has superbowl aspirations. the 49ers can slow play Lance and be protective as they want with him right now. with Garoppolo on the roster they bought themselves another year if they need it. 

Yes the 49ers have bigger problems. If that offensive line is doo doo, the trigger maestro is irrelevant. I don't want to see Trey or Jimbo running for their lives. 

Also, safety. Ward is gone, and the 49ers are going to be minus their two starting safeties from last year unless Tartt comes back. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John232 said:

what the hell is he smoking 

I'm honestly considering blocking him (Maiocco) 

If you would have told me 5 years ago that Cohn would have a completely reasonable assessment of what is actually going on, while Matt Maiocco was speaking nonsense and making wild statements for clicks, I would have told you that you should be committed to an insane asylum 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm honestly considering blocking him (Maiocco) 

If you would have told me 5 years ago that Cohn would have a completely reasonable assessment of what is actually going on, while Matt Maiocco was speaking nonsense and making wild statements for clicks, I would have told you that you should be committed to an insane asylum 

it’s actually baffling on both accounts. Grant is becoming more resonance (albeit still a massive troll) and MM suggesting they’re ready to bench trey after one game is astounding.

also, crocky out here fighting the good fight. he’s posted like 3 different clips of kyle saying this.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Brad does make a good point not a single player has posted a word.

On the official NFL IG post about keeping Jimmy, Adrian Colbert posted "franchise" lol

But Colbert hasn't been with the NIners since 2018 i think, and never played with Trey

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

What the hell did I actually read???? So if Lance has ONE bad game, Shanny will bench him for Jimmy? Huh?? 

My goodness we have one of the worst beats in the entire league...And Maiocco for years was considered one of the best in the game lol.

• Like 4

Garoppolo on Monday restructured his contract with the 49ers, becoming the NFL's highest-paid backup behind the inexperienced Trey Lance. "The new deal still allows him to hit the free agency market in 2023, which has been Garoppolo’s focus all along," Howe and Barrows said. "It’s the reason he had his shoulder repaired in March, which essentially scuttled any chance the team had of trading the quarterback." Not having an offseason to learn a new system would make Garoppolo unappealing to any team that may have had interest in acquiring him in the spring or summer.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10899706?category=headlines&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think most of us were on top of this right when it happened. The timing was interesting to say the least and he could have had surgery a month or so earlier but chose not to. Granted, the type of surgery he had, maybe he still doesn't get traded if he has surgery a month earlier but he would have been healthier sooner and may have had some sort of market before TC opposed to now. 

Oh well, can't do anything about it now. We still have a bunch of cap space now to make a big midseason move if need be and have a great backup.

On to Chicago..........

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What the hell did I actually read???? So if Lance has ONE bad game, Shanny will bench him for Jimmy? Huh?? 

My goodness we have one of the worst beats in the entire league...And Maiocco for years was considered one of the best in the game lol.

Gets better

#treysabust

• Like 2