Raiders waive OT Alex Leatherwood; claimed by Bears

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Mayock and Gruden are being dragged for their lack of player development and mismanaging the roster. And rightfully so.

Ruggs is the only one I don't blame them for. Sure, it obviously didn't work out because he's in jail now, but I'm not going to blame any FO for not having a crystal ball.

Exactly my point and none of us know how teams ranked certain players.  Their very well could have been multiple teams with those same guys with similar grades as the Raiders had them.   Maybe not but none of us know all im saying is i know for a 100% fact that when we were all in these forums during each of those drafts.  Alot of those guys were being talked about as players alot of them wanted their teams to take and they liked the players alot.    For me personally i agree i think some were over drafted for sure but thats based on my rankings of the players i had them coming out.     I said the exact same thing about the Falcons taking Deion Jones, Keanu Neal, and AJ Terrell.  I was a bit upset because i thought we took them a round early.  Now with that said in all but like 2 of my mock drafts i literally had Neal and Jones to the Falcons in rounds 2 and 3 and not round 1 and 2 because i liked them and thought they fit our scheme perfectly.   They turned out ok players but if they had failed ppl would have blasted us for over drafting them even though it came out other teams had them valued a round earlier than most of us on here did.    Terrell i didn't think fit our scheme all that well and i didn't have him over Arnette for the Falcons as far as scheme fit for us.  Also the same reason i didn't want Henderson to the Falcons if he had fell to us i didn't see him a good scheme fit.     Turns out i was 100% wrong and Terrell is a beast no matter what position he is in and i was a round off on his value as well from what real teams thought.  

So in the end i don't blame teams at all for drafting a guy a round or so early to much because if i like the guy then i like the guy and if it's within a round talent wise and value wise from what i think then i just put it that real teams see more of them than i did from the little video we got on them compared to the nfl teams.    Now if  a team takes a 6th or 7th round guy in round 2 then i can see the problems and complaining about it alot more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Am I crazy for thinking Josh Jacobs is really good? He gets a ton of hate and I’m always baffled by it. He’s really nice.. 

He’s good, far from anything special. Long speed has always been bad, among the worst in the league. And as a grinder, his body always fails throughout the year. He’s also not a very good receiver (although some Raider fans will argue otherwise).

Excellent vision and tackle breaker though. 

Honestly pretty hyped for Zamir White. He has all the same positive traits as Jacobs: vision, tackle breaker, tough. But with borderline 4.3 speed. White won’t play anywhere near the amount Jacobs will this season though. We are going to absolutely run Jacobs into the ground until he’s dust since we won’t be re-signing him. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is Trent Richardson, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel level bad. Yikes.

Most of us thought Gilbert and especially Richardson would be good, though. I think Gilbert had his detractors but Trent was almost universally touted…

Ferrell, Abram, and Jacobs were all over drafted and hyped as “culture guys”. 

11 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Am I crazy for thinking Josh Jacobs is really good? He gets a ton of hate and I’m always baffled by it. He’s really nice.. 

He's good. He does't have any elite traits you want in a first round pick at RB, but he's a tough and punishing runner. 

Problem has been he gets hurt a lot. I think he's poised for a big year in McDaniel's offense and having Zeus there to take some of the work off him. 

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

idk what's worse, guys who just suck, or guys who suck and have off the field issues?

The degrees of busts. It’s one thing to miss and still get a roster worthy player and it’s another thing to whiff on high picks who aren’t even league worthy. 

I can't say I blame Mayock so much for the poor 1st round draft picks. Taking guys like Ferrell and Leatherwood early seems like Gruden's doing. Mayock got gems in guys like Crosby, Renfrow, Hobbs, etc.

Still, glad this new regime is cleaning up this mess.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Easy to make fun of but in that time span they also drafted Pro bowl and 2nd team All Pro Maxx Crosby as a 4th rounder, Hunter Renfrow who is a stud as a 5th rounder, Tre'von Moehrig who is starting and Nate Hobbs who is starting as a 5th round pick and John Simpson who is starting as a 4th rounder.  And Jacobs/Adrams are not a total loss and still have potential in their career just were not signed long term yet. 

Exactly like Tom Donahue with the Steelers in the 90's  Missed on 1st and 2nd rounders and hit big on late rounders.  The exact opposite of Kevin Colbert.  You can't miss on the 1st rounders no matter how many later rounder you hit.

Gruden Part Deux Electric Boogaloo will go down as one of the nuttiest coaching sagas ever. From the 10 year contract, hiring his buddy in TV as the GM, the Antonio Brown circus, the Gruden firing fiasco, and the collection of first round draft busts that all came to an unceremonious end. The caricature that was/is Chuckie was completely in over his head in this new era of the NFL. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gruden Part Deux Electric Boogaloo will go down as one of the nuttiest coaching sagas ever. From the 10 year contract, hiring his buddy in TV as the GM, the Antonio Brown circus, the Gruden firing fiasco, and the collection of first round draft busts that all came to an unceremonious end. The caricature that was/is Chuckie was completely in over his head in this new era of the NFL. 

Between Gruden and Meyer, we were gifted some great stuff last year thanks to them being horrible people. Then there was Judge and his weird stuff too. 

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that was basically said already.  I am saying they did hit on a few guys so it is not like a total wash every draft class for three years in a row.  But this is not exactly a rare thing, look at the Lions a few years back, they had top picks and they all flamed out or close to it.  Yes going to a failing organization, you as a rookie will fail most likely because too much is put on your performance for the team to succeed, and the team lacks any real good veteran leadership to help you develop, and since there is no minor league if you fail early you are pretty close to done for.

BS if players career is not greatly impacted by the team ownership they go to, owners/coaches/staff along with the veteran players that are around them to help them develop.  That along with the fact the NFL is loaded and each year tons of elite college players come out and there are not enough jobs even for those guys, that does not mean they are bad players it just means playing football is extremely competitive but why would it not be.   It is the most popular sport in the United States the one and only country really that plays the game of football like this in the world.  

Do you mean like 20 years ago for the Lions point?  They haven’t had a run of first-rounders flame out nearly as bad as this Raiders group since then.