2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You guys are wasting your time with Fashanu

Ryan Poles would rather die, or let Justin die, before he picks an OLmen inside the top 150 picks.

Poles and Cunningham are former linemen. Don't you think they know what to look for? Plus did you see the guys Poles helped find in KC?!

fart

Honestly if we can get Anderson or Carter I'm over the moon. Idgaf if Anderson isn't a top run defender because of his weight. Get Payne to rush inside, a power end and a NT and make it almost a 3-4 DL, act like Anderson is the EDGE. Put him as the 9-tech and let him pin his ears back.

If he doesn't fit into your scheme, then your scheme needs improved. 

Or get Payne and Carter on the inside and a FA DE to pair with whoever wins the spot for the last DE role (Gipson or Robinson). Either way your defense should have dramatic improvement and has a rookie that is a potential star. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly if we can get Anderson or Carter I'm over the moon. Idgaf if Anderson isn't a top run defender because of his weight. Get Payne to rush inside, a power end and a NT and make it almost a 3-4 DL, act like Anderson is the EDGE. Put him as the 9-tech and let him pin his ears back.

If he doesn't fit into your scheme, then your scheme needs improved. 

Or get Payne and Carter on the inside and a FA DE to pair with whoever wins the spot for the last DE role (Gipson or Robinson). Either way your defense should have dramatic improvement and has a rookie that is a potential star. 

I think if you have Payne and Carter (and Jones) at DT you can get away with less than a stud at DE. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think if you have Payne and Carter (and Jones) at DT you can get away with less than a stud at DE. 

While that's true, you can get away with a lot,  but that puts and more pressure on the guys you do have. I'd rather stack the trenches. 

Now if it comes to signing a really good DE or getting a top OT or weapon for Fields then I'll definitely go for supporting Fields. 

55 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

While that's true, you can get away with a lot,  but that puts and more pressure on the guys you do have. I'd rather stack the trenches. 

Now if it comes to signing a really good DE or getting a top OT or weapon for Fields then I'll definitely go for supporting Fields. 

100% agree with both. 

• Like 1

We ideally want to be ahead of as many QB needy teams as possible.

At no. 3 we are ahead of:

Vegas - how long are you going to run in place with Carr?

Seattle - they really sold on Geno Smith?

Lions - they badly need a QB   Goff is below average.

Steeler with Pickett?  I can see them sticking with him for a bit. But who knows. 

Philly? I can see them sticking with Hurts. 

Cardinals?  They should have never done that contract.  They probably want to move on, but can’t.

Green Bay?  I think so.  Rodgers may retire this year.  Love is not the guy I don’t think.  Maybe they try to load up another defensive talent for team with Rodgers if he stays. 

Indy - definitely.

Atl - definitely need someone.

Washington? Yes  Heinekce is not it.

Tampa? Brady has to retire sometime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We ideally want to be ahead of as many QB needy teams as possible.

At no. 3 we are ahead of:

Vegas - how long are you going to run in place with Carr?

Seattle - they really sold on Geno Smith?

Lions - they badly need a QB   Goff is below average.

Steeler with Pickett?  I can see them sticking with him for a bit. But who knows. 

Philly? I can see them sticking with Hurts. 

Cardinals?  They should have never done that contract.  They probably want to move on, but can’t.

Green Bay?  I think so.  Rodgers may retire this year.  Love is not the guy I don’t think.  Maybe they try to load up another defensive talent for team with Rodgers if he stays. 

Indy - definitely.

Atl - definitely need someone.

Washington? Yes  Heinekce is not it.

Tampa? Brady has to retire sometime.

It will be interesting to see how committed ATL is to Ridder and TB is to Trask.

Hurts has another year on his deal so there is no way PHI looks elsewhere there. 

Pickett being the local kid would likely be a mini-revolt if they went elsewhere after just one season. 

SEA will likely have a reaction on their potential commitment to Smith by what he does in the  post-season. If he flops in the WC or whatever I could see them looking elsewhere.  But they are a top 5 scoring team right now, if they finish the season like that they SHOULD franchise Smith at least. 

I think IND and WAS are the two primary trade targets.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, I don’t think we can put a pattern on Poles at this time.  There is not enough information.

It’s pure speculation.

Informed speculation…

When you played OL… you don’t need to pick OLmen high or draft OLmen high… you can just find them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I can't even think of who he reminds me of. Maybe Davante Adams minus the twitch and athleticism? Slimmer Sidney Rice?

The top end comparison for me is Roddy White...Rice isn't the biggest or fastest, but he is smooth and smart knowing how to get open...that was always White's greatest strength IMO.