The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Menalik Watson in the 2nd iirc?

Exactly.  We have spent money and picks trying to fill the RT spot but we have not drafted a RT.  Hopefully Munford works out but if he does not I have zero issue drafting a RT within the first 3 rounds.

On 9/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
On 9/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, drfrey13 said:

When was the last time we spent decent draft capital on a right tackle.   

Menalik Watson in the 2nd iirc?

Brandon Parker was a third round pick too wasn’t he, and didn’t we trade up for him if I recall?

I don’t think we are in this situation because we didn’t spend resources, we just made poor to awful draft choices and FA signings. Pretty much every one here was positive on a guy like Morgan Moses, Nobody wanted Parker or Leatherwood, lots wanted Darrisaw and Spencer Brown. Can’t recall other years but it comes back again to our FO not paying attention to FF mocks 🤨

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Brandon Parker was a third round pick too wasn’t he, and didn’t we trade up for him if I recall?

I don’t think we are in this situation because we didn’t spend resources, we just made poor to awful draft choices and FA signings. Pretty much every one here was positive on a guy like Morgan Moses, Nobody wanted Parker or Leatherwood, lots wanted Darrisaw and Spencer Brown. Can’t recall other years but it comes back again to our FO not paying attention to FF mocks 🤨

That was my point.  We have drafted players to fill the RT spot instead of drafting RTs.

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That was my point.  We have drafted players to fill the RT spot instead of drafting RTs.

It’s a good point. 👍🏼

Just going back a few years, the forum has chosen Orlando Brown, Dalton Risner, Christian Darrisaw and Spencer Brown if you go by the me v Grudock thread. 🤨

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Stock going up on Parham

Parham has had some good reps but on a whole he did not have a good game last week.  Week 1 he was graded highly but week 2 was low.  I know it is a simple mistake but James is no where near 6'7".  Him and Parham are about the same size.

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Parham has had some good reps but on a whole he did not have a good game last week.  Week 1 he was graded highly but week 2 was low.  I know it is a simple mistake but James is no where near 6'7".  Him and Parham are about the same size.

He gave up 1 pressure. Praised by most guys who follow Oline. He played very well for his second start and switching to C for the week.

PFF and their grades are nonsense. 

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He gave up 1 pressure. Praised by most guys who follow Oline. He played very well for his second start and switching to C for the week.

PFF and their grades are nonsense. 

If you factor in the circumstances and stats then yes he had a good game.  I do not know why PFF graded him that way but  am sure they know more than I do.  Also people where pumping his PFF grade in week 1 so it is only fair to bring up his week 2 grade also.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If you factor in the circumstances and stats then yes he had a good game.  I do not know why PFF graded him that way but  am sure they know more than I do.  Also people where pumping his PFF grade in week 1 so it is only fair to bring up his week 2 grade also.

Trust me, they don't. Listen to any former pro or coach about their rankings. PFF "ranks" players without know the scheme. And no idea the players responsibility, assignment, etc. on any given play. Somehow, Khalil Mack has 3 sacks, forces a fumble and generally wrecks the Raiders week 1 and isn't "graded" higher than Crosby who had a bunch of pressures. 

It's an incomplete metric that people try to use to make absolute arguments. 

• Like 2