Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The point is, and I agree with @biggie.on this, that nobody would be saying any of this if it were Mahomes, Allen, Brady etc. Because it’s Kirk “1pm” Cousins we have to find ways to discredit the biggest comeback in history from his side.

Nobody would be saying that about Mahomes, Allen, and Brady bc they dont have a long reputation in choking. Mahomes lost to the Colts early in the season but everyone knows it was a blip more than a trend. Mahomes and the Chiefs find themselves having to come from behind more times than not but again nobody holds that against them bc they still find themselves at the top of the AFC going to AFCCG and Superbowls. Cousins havent won anything. He hasnt gotten his team a 1 seed, he hasnt taken his team to the NFCCG. You cant even say his trajectory is pointing up and future looks bright. He is just simply Cousins and he is what he is.

Now if he can take this "biggest comeback in NFL history" and take the Vikings all the way the NFCCG and/or Superbowl then again my mind would change. But his history suggest even the slightest of something meaningful that he might do doesnt mean a thing long term. Its just a one off. For all we know the Vikings might lose next week.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The point is, and I agree with @biggie.on this, that nobody would be saying any of this if it were Mahomes, Allen, Brady etc. Because it’s Kirk “1pm” Cousins we have to find ways to discredit the biggest comeback in history from his side.

This Vikings team reminds me of the 2003 Panthers.

That Panthers team also had a very low point differential (+21) and didn't really excel at anything. Their main calling cards were being well-coached, stepping up in crunch time and being harder to kill than a swarm of roaches.

• Like 2

For the Vikings to make a playoff run, I think they are going to have to get into a few shootouts.  They can score, but I have seen nothing that convinces me that they can stop an equally potent offense (see Dallas game).  Their problem is that the teams with great offenses (Philly and dallas) also have much better defenses.  Right now, the Vikings are the Sunday version of TCU.  Does anyone think they are a top 4 team?  Probably not, outside of their fanbase.  But that's why they play the games, so they will at least be a hard out if the offense is clicking.

• Like 2

The Colts are one of the worst teams in the NFL record wise and basically did everything they could in the 2nd half to allow the biggest comeback victory in NFL history.  All they would have had to do was not play soft on D and score what one TD all 2nd half and they would have won.

The comeback was impressive but it is not like the Vikings are playing some Super Bowl contending team there, much less a team with even an experienced Head Coach what so ever.  

The Colts kicked freaking 5 field goals in that game, the NFL record for most in a game is 8.  Score one TD on any of those field goal attempts and they would have won the game.  

As for the Vikings comeback wins this year, well Peyton Manning had a good quote.  "You hear about how many fourth-quarter comebacks that a guy has and I think it means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters."  Having narrow victories over and over again is not exactly the sign of a great dominant NFL team.  

26 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

The league has been put on notice.

This doesn’t seem right. This isn’t the first comeback from 20+ down. Hell, Frank Reich was down 35-3 to the Houston Oilers…

Is there a specific timeframe to this 2-103 stat?

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

This doesn’t seem right. This isn’t the first comeback from 20+ down. Hell, Frank Reich was down 35-3 to the Houston Oilers…

Is there a specific timeframe to this 2-103 stat?

I'm assuming it is just this year

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming it is just this year

There were 105 games this season where someone had a 20+ lead at half? That seems sort of strange too…

Edit: just read the tweet, last eight seasons. Odd and rather arbitrary cutoff…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Why would they? Brady’s an all-time clutch player. Mahomes has an all-time record when trailing. 

The comeback was crazy impressive. Kirk’s shedding his demons a little bit this year, but that still puts him well short of some of the other guys that he’s purposely not being compared to.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is the same Colts defense thst gave up 33pts in a QT in a 2pt game going into the 4th vs Dallas. People are shocked it happened again with an entire 1/2 to be played?

I'd be hard pressed to name another opponent,  the Vikings make that comeback against in the NFL.  Not Houston,  not the Bears, maybe Denver??? Good for them.

Matt Ryan wanted to prove it wasn't a fluke.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How does teams broadcasting team act like this as a professional? PA is a clown

wow that is very similar to how I talk during games on my couch.  Homerism and emotion maxed out. 

As for the thread: Vikings are like the 2019 Packers, should be much closer to 0.500 than they are but have had a horseshoe up their butt all year.  They could definitely win a playoff game or two, but I don't see them getting past the 49ers or Eagles.  With Hurts' hurt and the 49er QB situation though.....you never know