Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

34 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Holy hell I was at work and the score was like 10-27

Just got home and we won 33-30?????????????????????

Can someone give me a quick recap aside from Jefferson dominating?

Watch Sports Center./NFLN. The last Min of the 4th Qt will be on Auto Repeat for the foreseeable future.

Words won't do it justice.  

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

They are average in so many ways except for their record. Entering yesterday, they were:  

8th in points scored, 14th in points given up. 

16th in total dvoa. 

16th in yards per play. 28th in opponent yard per play. 

17th in 3rd down conversion rate, 9th in opponent third down conversion rate. 

11th in Red Zone TD percentage. 31st in opponent red zone td percentage. 

But they were 3rd in fumble recovery rate, 7-0 in one score games and had the second best turnover margin. 

Doesn't mean that they will regress this year, but their record belies what is going on during the games as they are hammering the things that we typically look at to project regression. 

The NFC is so muddled after the Eagles that it wouldnt' surprise me if the Vikings made the NFC championship or if they lost their first playoff game against a 7 seed 

• Like 2

Not sure how to feel about MIN yet.  Those 1 score games they have been dominating are so hit and miss.  BUF really had no business losing that game but MIN just has the football Gods smiling down on them right now.  They are a good team probably 3-4th best in the NFC after SF/PHI but would I pick them right now to represent the NFC, probably not.  I think they are on par with DAL as one of the two teams that could pull and upset but they scream good football team not great.