Week 3 GDT: San Francisco 49ers at Denver Broncos

TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brought to you by the same people who said Tom Compton was the third best tackle  in the league last year. 

I mean that was mainly due to his run blocking and it was most certainly very good. But I'm pretty sure PFF had Compton ranked below average in pass protection. 

Either way, why is he making conclusions after two weeks? And he just HAS to wait until the EPA numbers and PFF grades to give opinions on the game lol. 

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I get it, but Banks and Burford have been stellar, albeit in a relatively small sample size. But still, it's impressive and reassuring that they're playing really well so far.

This week is a test for both of them, especially Banks with Dre'Mont Jones playing really well so far for the Broncos. He's primarily lined up on the right side of the line, so he'll be going against Banks and Trent quiet a bit. 

DJ Jones will be primarily lined up against Brendel and Banks, so again, real good test for Banks this week.

Not disagreeing our guards have been very good. Definitely love to see that but...............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So this defense is allowing 210 YPG and 9.5 PPG (Not counting the STs TD last week vs SEA) and the Broncos are allowing 243 YPG and 13 PPG.

Sure both defenses have played average to below average offenses, but man this is going to be a nasty, low scoring defensive battle for much of the game lol. And that's exactly how Wilson likes it as he will wait until the 4th quarter to unleash on us and pull off the win SMH. 

It's ok, Nathaniel Hackett will find a way to save us!!

I am actually pretty excited for the potential play time of Marlon Mack. I think his game translates very well to this offense and, to be honest, he didn’t have a bad preseason at all.

many are/were worried that he wouldn’t be the same after his injury, while he hasn’t dispelled those concerns, he is two years out from the injury and I think he could be a potential game changer if he can return to form.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm curious if the 49ers actually try to throw outside the numbers more often. Jimmy seems to want to do so. Felt like he was blaming Kyle as the reason they havent in the past. Lol

I noticed that too, it reminded me of his first five games after the trade back in the day, when they sort of threw caution to the wind and things were looking really good with him as QB1.

Edited by gridirongorilla
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm curious if the 49ers actually try to throw outside the numbers more often. Jimmy seems to want to do so. Felt like he was blaming Kyle as the reason they havent in the past. Lol

I mean when Jimmy did try to throw outside the numbers, it wasn't pretty.

He can say it's Kyle's gameplan but until I see him consistently be on time and make those throws into those windows, I'm going to put it on the player & not the scheme. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, Forge said:

This may explain his abrupt drop off

You are 2/2 this year.

In week one you were saying Mitchell was playing bad, when really, he had an injured knee. 

In week two you say TDP was not impressive later in the game, when really, he had an injured ankle. 

Please do not talk about our running backs ever again, good sir. 

• Like 3

On 9/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Either way, why is [Lombardi] making conclusions after two weeks? And he just HAS to wait until the EPA numbers and PFF grades to give opinions on the game lol. 

Lombardi is a fraud. The man is good with spreadsheets but I dont think he knows ball. 

Look at this nonsense

"high robber spot"

A robber is literally in the box and their job it is to freelance and cause havoc. They dont have specific coverage responsibilities. You would never be a robber as a "high safety". 

I wouldnt expect everyone here to know that, but we are fans, not people who literally cover the team 24/7 for a living. 

Also - his love affair for Jimmy is extremely weird.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Lombardi is a fraud. The man is good with spreadsheets but I dont think he knows ball. 

Look at this nonsense

"high robber spot"

A robber is literally in the box and their job it is to freelance and cause havoc. They dont have specific coverage responsibilities. You would never be a robber as a "high safety". 

I wouldnt expect everyone here to know that, but we are fans, not people who literally cover the team 24/7 for a living. 

Also - his love affair for Jimmy is extremely weird.

He doesn't understand the game and can't evaluate the game without having advanced stats in front of his face. It's ridiculous how he uses absolutely no context at all in his stats. I mean he puts in a lot of work in his articles and some are informative, but overall he's just terrible. Cohn>>>>>>Lombardi.