Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

51 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

its facts... watch the film if you wanna.. he has traits but he and the tackle from GA are both projects.. if we go LT at 11, please let it be skoronki.. that dudes tape is ELITE!! he doesn't have short arms either.. he just doesn't have long ones..

Watch him against Penn State or Ohio State and say that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

its facts... watch the film if you wanna.. he has traits but he and the tackle from GA are both projects.. if we go LT at 11, please let it be skoronki.. that dudes tape is ELITE!! he doesn't have short arms either.. he just doesn't have long ones..

his reported arm length would be in literally the 9th percentile for offensive tackles at the nfl combine

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Watch him against Penn State or Ohio State and say that.

I'm not a table beater for Stron... But this take to me is not good for any prospect. They are allowed to have bad games or subpar games. 

I'm an examples guy so easiest one to do is Mahomes. I could go to 2015 and say look at that Oklahoma State game where he threw 4 INTs. 

Or 

The Iowa State game in 2016 where he barley completed 50% for 212 yards and 2 INTs. 

How do they translate to the NFL? Do they have skills and traits that spell success? 

Young doesn't have the physical traits to play QB but people want him. Or watch that LSU game or Arkansas game and let's pass on him. Lol 

Stron may not have the physical traits to play OT but some want him and believe he can do it. 

We shall see. 

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not a table beater for Stron... But this take to me is not good for any prospect. They are allowed to have bad games or subpar games

They’re allowed to, of course. But if they have multiple, really bad games and T-red arms, you can’t say the tape is elite.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Stron may not have the physical traits to play OT but some want him and believe he can do it. 

Call me crazy, but spending the 11th overall pick on someone who doesn’t have the physical traits needed for the position you’re drafting him to play seems like a really bad idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

They’re allowed to, of course. But if they have multiple, really bad games and T-red arms, you can’t say the tape is elite.

Call me crazy, but spending the 11th overall pick on someone who doesn’t have the physical traits needed for the position you’re drafting him to play seems like a really bad idea.

I'm with you. I hate drafting OL in the first period. lol But that's just me. 

But, a player can have great skills and not meet the physical requirements, while having a bad game and still be an top prospect and end up being a great pro.

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

oh thank god

guys can easily learn how to run routes, catch, get YAC, turn on the burners

but blocking..you're either born w/ that skill or you will never have it

You either a DAWG or YOU AINT. Can't wait till we get to the Super Bowl podium and Vrabes shouts out that run blocking as the reason we won the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

oh thank god

guys can easily learn how to run routes, catch, get YAC, turn on the burners

but blocking..you're either born w/ that skill or you will never have it

Listen, I know this was a post made in jest, but understand this. ANYONE can run 4.3. Literally anyone. DL are running 4.4 or better. 

But WRs? No. We don't need someone to do all that. It is a complete waste. Why draft a guy that your DL can beat in a foot race, when he can block for a 2 yard gain on 1st down.

THINK... THINK!

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Like 1

Something about Bryce Young.
I know people talk about how great he was in college. 

Something I talk to youth about when playing sports, every step up, you eliminate more than half of the people that play that sport.

Meaning that guy that was good in middle school, is average to below average in high school and doesn't make it to college.

That superstar in high school, is now average to below average in college.

Sometimes a guy is great in college and that is just it.

I know he said he has been that size forever, but that's fine until you get to a certain point. 
Just something to think about. 

It happens. People are GREAT, elite college players and just aren't good pros. 
His size is a concern to me. 

If he's a gram under 200, it's a huge red flag, because we all know he's trying to add weight for that weigh in, and if he's not 200 at the combine, he's playing sub 190.  His size is definitely a concern, but everything else is great.

I'd be torn if he started to slip.

I like Rashee Rice a lot.  His tape reminds me a lot of Treylon Burks, though I think Rice is slimmer and probably will time faster than Burks did.  Annoyed that we're still trying to find receivers that block.  Really thought we were done with that nonsense.

• Like 1