Rhianna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Would have preferred Gin Blossoms. They are a local band.

All musical performers at the Super Bowl should be local not just the halftime performers.

I like the Gin Blossoms. But I dare an NFL fan to name more than two songs. Even then, those songs were likely from 15+ years ago.

While I like the idea of including local talent, the Super Bowl is only ever played in the same 10 or so cities; that'd really limit who can play unless you want the same bands rotating every x years. Looking at Arizona artists: Stevie Nicks, Alice Cooper, Jimmy Eat World, Gin Blossoms, Bret Michaels, Wayne Newton, and Dierks Bentley are probably the most well known (of those still alive). While I like a couple of those I listed, give me Rihanna over them for a halftime show --  a full concert is another story.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I like the Gin Blossoms. But I dare an NFL fan to name more than two songs. Even then, those songs were likely from 15+ years ago.

While I like the idea of including local talent, the Super Bowl is only ever played in the same 10 or so cities; that'd really limit who can play unless you want the same bands rotating every x years. Looking at Arizona artists: Stevie Nicks, Alice Cooper, Jimmy Eat World, Gin Blossoms, Bret Michaels, Wayne Newton, and Dierks Bentley are probably the most well known (of those still alive). While I like a couple of those I listed, give me Rihanna over them for a halftime show --  a full concert is another story.

Well if every NFL stadium was included in the Super Bowl rotation (as a Browns fan I am hugely in favor of this as they have never hosted a playoff game at First Energy Stadium), that would give more artists local to the game site the opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl.

55 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Would have preferred Gin Blossoms. They are a local band.

All musical performers at the Super Bowl should be local not just the halftime performers.

Performers are chosen based on the audience they can pull in that wouldn’t otherwise watch a football game

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Performers are chosen based on the audience they can pull in that wouldn’t otherwise watch a football game

I really think all of these "why can't the NFL get FOGHAT!" people don't seem to understand this about the Super Bowl...

The halftime show isn't for you. You are tuning in to the Super Bowl, regardless of who is performing at halftime. It's for the wives and girlfriends who really don't care to watch football.

Let's see how many from the "we want [insert irrelevant act here] crowd"gets this.

• Like 5